Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homefront Review (PC)

Re: Homefront Review (PC)

wish I would've waited
    $50 down the drain

I had my finger on the trigger the other day on Steam, glad I waited it out.
    Intel 8600k 6 core i5 @4.3Ghz, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 Mobo , 16GB G.Skill 3200MHz Ripjaws, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Gaming ICX 11GB, EVGA Supernova G2 750w Gold, BenQ 32" 1440p 4ms LCD, Corsair Sabre RGB, Corsair K70 Lux, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Corsair Graphite 780t

MisterX

hmm i was actually tempted to get this, after reading this not so much....

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar

I agree with pretty much everything joe said. The SP campaign is awful, you can't do anything without the game giving you permission. Most of my deaths were from trying to do something before the AI wanted me too. Garbage.

I think the MP would be nice if the only thing done was removing the snipers. I don't mind the weapons or damage models, and the maps seem to be nice. They are a little smaller than I thought they would be though for a game where you have tanks, helos, UAVs, drones, etc. The 3 active cap points are pretty close to each other, much closer than BC2 conquest flags. The biggest problem is that with the snipers in the game it is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

There are 2 sniper rifles in the game. One is a semi-auto that shoots as fast as you can click, the other has a thermal sight. Both will kill you immediately. Most of the time you die the kill cam goes all the way to the other side of the map to some jackass laying prone in their spawn.

Like I said before when we were playing - if I'm bitching about the sniper rifles being ridiculously overpowered, you know something is wrong.

Most of the posts on the Steam forums and official forums say the same things. I've read a couple where people have actually played a few rounds where there was only 1-2 snipers and it was great. But sooner or later people start switching to sniper and you have 10-12 out of 16 players on your team sniping.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

I said whisky not milk biotch!!! tate's Avatar

Meh, thanks for the review. I was thinking about getting this but I'll probably wait till it goes down to 10 bucks

Dang, I was hoping that it would be good too
    Antec Nine Hundred HomebrewV2.9.1 | Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.4ghz |4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair xms2 led ram | WD VelociRaptor 300gb(x3) |Dual 1GB GeForce GTX 285 XXX Cards | Asus Striker Extreme | 1000Watt Enermax Galaxy | Windows 7 Pro | Sony Bravia 32' LCD | Windows 7 Performance Score 6.9 |3d Mark 06 23,106 |

Accounts: - Digg - Vimeo - Twitter - Revision3

Good thing I've already bought a game this year

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDeuce View Post
    I agree with pretty much everything joe said. The SP campaign is awful, you can't do anything without the game giving you permission. Most of my deaths were from trying to do something before the AI wanted me too. Garbage.

I think the MP would be nice if the only thing done was removing the snipers. I don't mind the weapons or damage models, and the maps seem to be nice. They are a little smaller than I thought they would be though for a game where you have tanks, helos, UAVs, drones, etc. The 3 active cap points are pretty close to each other, much closer than BC2 conquest flags. The biggest problem is that with the snipers in the game it is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

There are 2 sniper rifles in the game. One is a semi-auto that shoots as fast as you can click, the other has a thermal sight. Both will kill you immediately. Most of the time you die the kill cam goes all the way to the other side of the map to some jackass laying prone in their spawn.

Like I said before when we were playing - if I'm bitching about the sniper rifles being ridiculously overpowered, you know something is wrong.

Most of the posts on the Steam forums and official forums say the same things. I've read a couple where people have actually played a few rounds where there was only 1-2 snipers and it was great. But sooner or later people start switching to sniper and you have 10-12 out of 16 players on your team sniping.
    Is there a way to directly contact THQ or whoever has the final say with Homefront? Maybe the MP can be saved by making the rifles less powerful and limiting 2 per team... sort of like DOD, where there were only one or two people per class.

They've let so many people down.. it's sad. This is what happens when you highly anticipate something.. I hope this doesn't happen with BF3.

I enjoyed the single player even though it was short. The scripted events and having to follow NPC's was a different change of pace of things but I don't like how I could move the objects blocking the path or there was not multiple ways to get to an objective, I was always running in a narrow path too and not an open world. It brought me back to the times of Medal of Honor: Frontline. I hate that everyone is expecting another type of call of duty, when that is clearly what they are not aiming for. Put in perspective that this is only the second game from Kaos studios and Infinity Ward has brought out a lot more games than Kaos Studios. Plus the expectations and sophistication of games is a lot higher than when Infinity ward was bringing out Call of Duty 2. I think the game should have been $30 instead of a full $60 because of the shortness of the gameplay. I am also a 3d artist so I have a different perspective on things in the engine for art, animation capabilities, and other things the company has accomplished in the engine. I have not played Multiplayer in this retail release, but I did play multiplayer in the alpha test and beta test for the studio through combat studios and it was pretty fun because of the battle point system. We didn't have retarded gamers sniping all of the time. It is kind of the developers fault for making map so prone to wanting everyone to be snipers, but it is also the gamers fault too for taking advantage of it. That is also why THQ needs to react upon it to fix the multiplayer. If there is a problem with the game, people will exploit it until it gets fixed. Happens in every game.

T-Bagging The Critically Wounded BetterOffDead's Avatar

Thanks for the review. I wasn't planning on picking this up, but it's good to know I'm not missing out on anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12