Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crysis 2 = glitch central (for PC)

Re: Crysis 2 = glitch central (for PC)

I'm convinced you work for crytek.

It's not MY computer lol.. it's happening to people on console and other computers as well.. check out the list of links I posted.. even gametrailers.com reported glitches.. but I guess they're using MY computer too.

I have 6GB of RAM, a GTX 460 1GB, Windows 7 Ultimate, Q6600.. more than capable. The game runs smooth.. which was not my complaint.. it's the glitches.

Edit: I got the limited edition if that makes a difference.

Edit 2: Also, I've lived in NYC my entire life (27 years) and these streets are geographically incorrect. Sure, the street names are real.. but all these intersections were invented and put together randomly. Even if it is based in the future, those streets would NEVER come across each other. East Houston and Broad do not meet lol.. Broad is all the way downtown, by the financial district, East Houston is way north, by SoHo. Some buildings and places are quite accurate (MetLife building; called MaxLife in the game), but that's about it. Only reason I'm mentioning this is because I remember reading or hearing that the city was going to be geographically accurate. Oh well
    Last edited by Relly; 03-31-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Well, I will say that I've noticed the number of hackers and cheaters shoot up in the last two days. Every server I've played on since yesterday evening has had at least one hacker, on top of the number of people who have exploited their way to rank 50. It's definitely a disappointing state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    go back to eating your jesus eggs.

I figured out why the melee glitch happens.. it's when you reassign the key from the default "v".. that's so dumb I hate pressing v.. mouse button 5 is right on the side of my deathadder, my thumb is always over it.. easy access and quick melee. I use it for Cod and knifing couldn't get faster. They need to fix this

This is probably why some people never noticed the glitch.. they kept the default control set.

interesting - well, i'll get it when i have the money for it
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Melee glitch still happens :-( just less frequently. It happened to me again last night. The ability to melee does come back, but after a while.. It's random.

I noticed a new glitch too.. Happens after dying too. While crouched, when you walk, there will be a graphical glitch. It's like you're no clipping through your body.. His left knee or left side of his body briefly appears on the left side of the screen. I wish this game had a screenshot button to show what I mean. Explaining it is kind of difficult.

It kind of sucks because it gets in the way. You see a big leg or whatever popping up in front of you which crouch walking. If you look down while crouched you can see your characters legs, so please don't misinterpret what I'm experiencing for that. There's a no-clipping glitch, the leg appears to come out of your face lol.

Idk why this game has so many damn glitches. You would think the testers would have ran into these glitches themselves. Maybe they never died in-game ?

Blog Entries

Maybe they were too drunk to notice.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

Quote Originally Posted by Relly View Post
    I'm convinced you work for crytek.

It's not MY computer lol.. it's happening to people on console and other computers as well.. check out the list of links I posted.. even gametrailers.com reported glitches.. but I guess they're using MY computer too.

I have 6GB of RAM, a GTX 460 1GB, Windows 7 Ultimate, Q6600.. more than capable. The game runs smooth.. which was not my complaint.. it's the glitches.

Edit: I got the limited edition if that makes a difference.

Edit 2: Also, I've lived in NYC my entire life (27 years) and these streets are geographically incorrect. Sure, the street names are real.. but all these intersections were invented and put together randomly. Even if it is based in the future, those streets would NEVER come across each other. East Houston and Broad do not meet lol.. Broad is all the way downtown, by the financial district, East Houston is way north, by SoHo. Some buildings and places are quite accurate (MetLife building; called MaxLife in the game), but that's about it. Only reason I'm mentioning this is because I remember reading or hearing that the city was going to be geographically accurate. Oh well
    LOL I don't work for crytek but that is one studio I want to work for when I get out of college. I have seen a lot of the glitches in crysis 2 on youtube and I think for that too happen the code has to be on drugs.

I don't recall crytek saying everything was being geographically correct for new york, but being an environmental modeler myself and trying to model san francisco, it take hundreds of man hours, photo reference, organization, and blueprints to make sure that everything is correct. It takes ten times the time to prepare the maps and levels, than to actually make it.

I hate that there are hackers on multiplayer that break the game. Happens all the time but it sucks. I guess I couldnt really understand and find the trouble unless I could look at the code. This is why they need to use assembly code!! Much less errors and code breaking. Some of the glitches seem to be a break in the code like it is drunk...

Yeah I can't wait until they fix these glitches.. the game looks great and I really want to enjoy it.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet and I probably wont ever... especially since there are so many hackers being reported. They ruin the game for everyone else.

I took a 2 year (or more) break from Counter Strike and to be honest, I haven't seen a hacker since I've came back. There might be a suspected waller or two, but no speed hacks and aimbots as of yet... and that's amazing. I was going to suggest that Valve should start charging $50 for cs:s.. that'll make hackers think twice about cheating and getting their account VAC banned.

As for Crysis 2, these people need to figure out why these glitches are occurring. Fucked up code or whatever the case may be... FIX IT.

I was skeptical after they released an update to put a stop to cheating and exploiting, these things rarely ever work unless you have a good underlying anti-cheat mechanism, but I haven't seen any hackers since they announced it. If I see no more than one hacker this week that'll pretty much be par for the course, and color me impressed. On the other hand, I may have just lucked out in avoiding them. That remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    go back to eating your jesus eggs.

Hackers generally play from hacked accounts.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12