Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crysis 2 = glitch central (for PC)

Crysis 2 = glitch central (for PC)

I don't know why I bought it, but I did. Single player story seems cool, but there are way too many glitches. I've had to quit the game to desktop and reload it just to get it to work sometimes.

For example:

Melee glitch; During gameplay, for some reason you lose the ability to melee. I've switched the keyboard buttons around and it just wont respond. You hold it and nothing happens.

Trapped glitch; During gameplay, you might be stuck in an "invisible" cage while roaming around. It's like when you play a free roam game and reach a point where you can't go yet, so you're blocked by an invisible wall.. only this time, you just randomly get trapped.. unable to move forward, sideways or backwards.. you can jump and dance around all you want.. only way out of this is by throwing 2 grenades at your feet to die and respawn from checkpoint. It's retarded.

Strafe Right glitch; I swear to god, it's hilarious since this is sR, but it's a real glitch. Your character will begin to strafe to the right on it's own until you hit the D key, then he stops until he decides to do it again a few minutes later. At first I thought it was because I was on a hill or something and my player was sliding off, but this was happening on flat and level surfaces.

I really wanted to enjoy this game.. but I'm only on the second level and already I'm seeing tons of problems. This game was not built for the PC, at all. On top of it all, I couldn't register my copy with steam so no automatic updates.. the EA download manager is crap. The graphics look significantly better on the final release though, with the graphics option of "Extreme". Game runs really smooth at 1080p. Music and sound effects are great too.

The NPC's AI is a fucking joke. If they spot you for a quick second and you activate cloak mode on them with nothing to hide behind, they just say "Oh... I lost them.. oh well. I must've been seeing things". I'm playing the game on the hardest level btw.

The game looks beautiful, runs great on my system which doesn't meet the recommended specs, and the story seems interesting.. other than that.. it's shit. I wanted to do a review but with all these damn glitches, I change my mind. How the fuck does the melee stop working in the middle of your game? This takes the fun away and just makes you angry.

I'm not the only one experiencing this.. it's all over the web. I'm not even gonna touch the multi-player mode. Crytek shouldn't have let us PC gamers down I hate playing FPS games on console (I'm sorry but I can't aim precisely with a damn joy stick, and auto-target aka aimbot is lame)

What's with all these shitty games being released?

and not to mention it doesn't even run in 64 bit mode... there's only a bin32 folder in the directory. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, and this game wants to run on 32 bit? lol

Is it running on DX9 too? This shit is a joke =/
    Last edited by Relly; 03-30-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Re: Crysis 2 = glitch central (for PC)

Wow - yeah, really really sounds like they just put it out for the PC as a second-thought :P that's really sad. I'll probably have to hold off then on getting it. wait for the big "we're sorry" patch.

That's crazy though. simple beta testing could have found those glitches. But i guess they didn't do that for the PC?
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

The GF's PC seems to be running it fine. No glitches noted so far.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

It should run it fine, it is running on DX9, which is what, 8 years old now? I may pick it up when it is cheap sometime, but I can't help but agree that they let PC gamers down with this one, especially after all the hype.
    Intel 8600k 6 core i5 @4.3Ghz, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 Mobo , 16GB G.Skill 3200MHz Ripjaws, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Gaming ICX 11GB, EVGA Supernova G2 750w Gold, BenQ 32" 1440p 4ms LCD, Corsair Sabre RGB, Corsair K70 Lux, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Corsair Graphite 780t

DX9 or not, the game is gorgeous.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

I agree, it looks good. There will be a DX11 patch at some point down the road as well.
    Intel 8600k 6 core i5 @4.3Ghz, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 Mobo , 16GB G.Skill 3200MHz Ripjaws, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Gaming ICX 11GB, EVGA Supernova G2 750w Gold, BenQ 32" 1440p 4ms LCD, Corsair Sabre RGB, Corsair K70 Lux, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Corsair Graphite 780t

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    The GF's PC seems to be running it fine. No glitches noted so far.
    She's lucky then. If you check the crysis website blogs, and almost every game forum, they're bitching left and right about how many glitches they've come across.

Crynet is all apologetic saying there's gonna be a patch out soon. There's already a 1.1 patch that resolved some other issues.

I realized the melee glitch only happens after dying. When you reload the checkpoint you might randomly lose the ability to melee and not gain it back until you restart the game. Some people claimed that after 20 min they were able to melee again-I can't wait that long lol.

I haven't encountered any glitches so far, just the occasional connection issue, and most of those dried up after the first patch.
    I wouldn't have known it was running DX9 if it hadn't been such big news around the game's release, it looks gorgeous and runs incredibly smooth. And forgive me, not knowing much about the difference between 64-bit and 32-bit architecture, I wouldn't have known the difference if it, again, hadn't been such big news.

The game plays great and I'm seriously enjoying the online play at the moment. I'll get around to giving the campaign a go at some point, but I definitely feel like I've gotten my money's worth, something I wasn't sure of before I took the $60 plunge on this one.

Crytek definitely made some decent-sized missteps in presenting the game to PC users, but from an "actually playing the game" perspective I give it a stamp of approval. There are plenty of valid complaints about the finished product that I hope Crytek does something about, but until then at least the game is well designed and lots of fun. And oh so pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    go back to eating your jesus eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadonRK View Post
    I haven't encountered any glitches so far, just the occasional connection issue, and most of those dried up after the first patch.
    I wouldn't have known it was running DX9 if it hadn't been such big news around the game's release, it looks gorgeous and runs incredibly smooth. And forgive me, not knowing much about the difference between 64-bit and 32-bit architecture, I wouldn't have known the difference if it, again, hadn't been such big news.

The game plays great and I'm seriously enjoying the online play at the moment. I'll get around to giving the campaign a go at some point, but I definitely feel like I've gotten my money's worth, something I wasn't sure of before I took the $60 plunge on this one.

Crytek definitely made some decent-sized missteps in presenting the game to PC users, but from an "actually playing the game" perspective I give it a stamp of approval. There are plenty of valid complaints about the finished product that I hope Crytek does something about, but until then at least the game is well designed and lots of fun. And oh so pretty.
    in 64 bit mode it uses more than 2GB of RAM if you have it. The game DOES run smooth, but you'd like to see more of your memory utilized for the game. I love the fact that you don't need to enabled AA or AF, as that caused me a MAJOR fps drop in the first crysis and warhead. It seems that those settings are automatically enabled whenever choosing your overall graphic settings.

Anyway, you guys are lucky, because even people on consoles are experiencing some issues lol. Here's some links showing what kind of glitches people run into.. I really hope I don't run into the NPC model glitch someone stated.. saying all enemies popped out like this:

lol!

Links:
    crysis 2 glitches.. | Video Game Online Forums & Community | Game Platform Discussions for Video Games - GameTrailers.com

Glitches galore in Crysis 2.. | Video Game Online Forums & Community | Game Platform Discussions for Video Games - GameTrailers.com

Crysis 2: Bugs, Glitches And Beautiful Graphics | captainstarball.com

even gametrailers review mentions buggy AI running around in circles
    Crysis 2 Video Game, Review HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Crysis 2 PC Fixes and Information

YouTube - Crysis 2 AI glitches

Google

Anyway, I'm going to try and enjoy this game the most I can. I've been contemplating about enabling vsync, since some scenes are too beautiful to see while you have screen tear.

I really hope the melee glitch gets fixed.. I almost broke my deathadder mouse5 button thinking I wasn't pressing it hard enough because it was working 2 minutes before it stopped. I literally pressed it all the way in, with a lot of force. Switched it to the v key, nothing.

Crysis 2 is DX9 because consoles only support up to DX9, further proving the PC version is a console port. But they've definitely polished it and made it look incredible. People all over are saying it's the best looking console game, ever (graphics).

Glad some of you haven't run into any problems. But I do hope Crytek releases a patch resolving these simple issues. I've never played a game where you just randomly get stuck, can't melee after you die, and where the AI is so dumb. I'm just happy my PC can run it lol

If I made a pros and cons list for campaign mode, there'd probably be more pros. As for multi-player, I haven't touched it on the final release due to a horrible experience in the demo.

Oh and did I forget to mention, there's NO PRONE That's kind of stupid considering this is a stealth game. I don't know why they'd take the ability to go prone away. Another console thing?

Edit: OMG the god damn melee glitch is making me rage lol.. it happens once you die... no matter what.. maybe it's because I changed it from the default setting and when the game reloads it doesn't recognize it? This is really fucking annoying. I'm kind of jealous that this doesn't happen to some of you guys. How the fuck am I supposed to stealth kill like this?
    Last edited by Relly; 03-30-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relly View Post
    I don't know why I bought it, but I did. Single player story seems cool, but there are way too many glitches. I've had to quit the game to desktop and reload it just to get it to work sometimes.

For example:

Melee glitch; During gameplay, for some reason you lose the ability to melee. I've switched the keyboard buttons around and it just wont respond. You hold it and nothing happens.

Trapped glitch; During gameplay, you might be stuck in an "invisible" cage while roaming around. It's like when you play a free roam game and reach a point where you can't go yet, so you're blocked by an invisible wall.. only this time, you just randomly get trapped.. unable to move forward, sideways or backwards.. you can jump and dance around all you want.. only way out of this is by throwing 2 grenades at your feet to die and respawn from checkpoint. It's retarded.

Strafe Right glitch; I swear to god, it's hilarious since this is sR, but it's a real glitch. Your character will begin to strafe to the right on it's own until you hit the D key, then he stops until he decides to do it again a few minutes later. At first I thought it was because I was on a hill or something and my player was sliding off, but this was happening on flat and level surfaces.

I really wanted to enjoy this game.. but I'm only on the second level and already I'm seeing tons of problems. This game was not built for the PC, at all. On top of it all, I couldn't register my copy with steam so no automatic updates.. the EA download manager is crap. The graphics look significantly better on the final release though, with the graphics option of "Extreme". Game runs really smooth at 1080p. Music and sound effects are great too.

The NPC's AI is a fucking joke. If they spot you for a quick second and you activate cloak mode on them with nothing to hide behind, they just say "Oh... I lost them.. oh well. I must've been seeing things". I'm playing the game on the hardest level btw.

The game looks beautiful, runs great on my system which doesn't meet the recommended specs, and the story seems interesting.. other than that.. it's shit. I wanted to do a review but with all these damn glitches, I change my mind. How the fuck does the melee stop working in the middle of your game? This takes the fun away and just makes you angry.

I'm not the only one experiencing this.. it's all over the web. I'm not even gonna touch the multi-player mode. Crytek shouldn't have let us PC gamers down I hate playing FPS games on console (I'm sorry but I can't aim precisely with a damn joy stick, and auto-target aka aimbot is lame)

What's with all these shitty games being released?

and not to mention it doesn't even run in 64 bit mode... there's only a bin32 folder in the directory. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, and this game wants to run on 32 bit? lol

Is it running on DX9 too? This shit is a joke =/
    I have had no problems for single player on glitches. I think it is your computer.

If you have 4GB of RAM and atleast a GTX260 the game will run solid 60FPS on maxed out settings! I have 2 rigs...one with a GTX260 and one with a GTX570. They both run perfect

Doesnt Anyone understand how cryengine 3 works?! Everything is built in real time on all 3 systems to make sure that it looks great on all 3 systems. They dont worry right off the bat on adding extra content for the ps3 cauz its blueray, or PC gamers because rigs are more powerful. Sure it may only be direct X9 but the game looks better than majority other games hands down on any system. Extra content comes after release because of time and budgeting. There is so much variations in PC rigs, and even specifications between console systems, that it is hard to make everything work right on launch for servers, and even to make everything work right on everyones system. Crytek and DICE are pretty dedicated to PC gamers considering that is where they both started developing for too. Most other developers just port to PC because everyone builds for console since pirating has become such a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast