Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for $5, You Have No More Excuses

United States [US]
    joe

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for $5, You Have No More Excuses

For those of you not paying attention to the Steam Summer Camp Sale thread, I thought I should point out that both Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and the BC2: Vietnam expansion are now on sale for $5 each. I know that there a few core BF2 players around who haven't yet played BC2 for whatever reason (price, graphics requirement, lack of prone, they don't like playing good games, etc), but if you're at all interested in playing a game that I think will be much closer to BF3 then most people realize*, then you should definitely give BC2 a shot.

If you want recommendations, I know that taxi and I both absolutely love BC2, and teck is a big fan of the Vietnam expansion. Perhaps the only person I know who says that its bad is yankee, but two things to keep in mind are 1) yankee says everything is bad, and 2) if its so bad then why does he have 250 hours in it (which is about the same amount that taxi and I have, the same amount we played BF2 as well).

So, if you liked BF2 and haven't bought BC2 yet, buy it now, and if you're still playing CSS, then you should buy it to get a glimpse of what else is out there, and what is coming in the future (BF3).

*I can go into more detail about why I think BF3 will have just as much BC2 in it as BF2, but that's for a later post

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for $5, You Have No More Excuses

I expect the few TeamSpeak regulars *cough* excessive *cough* should pick this up. No more excuses!

Registered User Richardthemadmn's Avatar

BC2 is bad
    SonicSpeed likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    So, richard decided it would be better if we all just burned to death together, because at least it's still a team effort

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhistSoldier View Post
    I expect the few TeamSpeak regulars *cough* excessive *cough* should pick this up. No more excuses!
    Been playing it on PS3 and I am a Demi God on the consoles. Ace Pin FTW.

I cant play it with my new rig, constant black flickering and BSOD with no fix in there forums or support.

It is a lot better on the PS3.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote Originally Posted by Richardthemadmn View Post
    BC2 is bad
    I'm with Rich, this is my excuse.

I literally gave bc2 away shortly after buying it, I've never done that with a game.

I'm sure the friends list and server browser has gotten less awful but I just never liked the game's multiplayer.

I wasn't crazy about multi player due to the no prone issue, but it is worth $5 just for the single player in my book. I bought it new, five bucks is a joke compared to that for a decent game even if it doesn't stand up to BF2.
    Last edited by OD-BLOODED-1; 07-02-2011 at 08:23 PM.
    Intel 8600k 6 core i5 @4.3Ghz, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 Mobo , 16GB G.Skill 3200MHz Ripjaws, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Gaming ICX 11GB, EVGA Supernova G2 750w Gold, BenQ 32" 1440p 4ms LCD, Corsair Sabre RGB, Corsair K70 Lux, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Corsair Graphite 780t

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar

IMO the multiplayer is just so-so at best. Hit registration never seemed quite there, too many times where I would be in a gunfight and both of us would die.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Quote Originally Posted by Fish111 View Post
    I'm with Rich, this is my excuse.

I literally gave bc2 away shortly after buying it, I've never done that with a game.

I'm sure the friends list and server browser has gotten less awful but I just never liked the game's multiplayer.
    the problem I had is that I never seemed to know what was going on. People are always coming out of nowhere, everyone acts like a suicide bomber. I couldn't seem to come up with a satisfying strategy. Maybe that's how all respawn games are... although I loved quake 2 MP. But in that game, it was everyone for themselves, and there weren't millions of places to hide.

and Yankee didn't seem to like the fact I rocket kill everyone

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast