hmmm. have to find some new sprays

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

was about to post about this

Hope this isn't a fail

Quote Originally Posted by Relly View Post
    Hope this isn't a failure
    Fixed that for you.

I'm excited to finally get a new CS, although I really don't need to relapse on my gaming habit at this point in my life.

So, Q1 2012 release. Shall we start betting on what that translates to in Valve Time?

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    go back to eating your jesus eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    The questions I have are, what will it cost, what engine are they using, and will the CS:S servers I go to now get this. Hells Gamers would be a logical choice along with Sudden Death.
    It's on the "updated" source engine

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadonRK View Post
    So, Q1 2012 release. Shall we start betting on what that translates to in Valve Time?
    Since it's just adding content and updating some things, probably not more than a couple quarters off

If it hasn't been posted already, here's the relevant links @ steam forums
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Steam Users' Forums

United States [US]
    joe

I only found out about this game this past weekend! lol!
    The vids make it feel like they adjusted it to be more of a 1.6, CS:S hybrid (the movements, characters and such remind me of 1.6). It's nice to see that they're actively talking with fans about the game (a first it sounded like?) so that could be good!

My thoughts though is...what is valve doing..? EP2 came out.... when did it come out? over 2 years ago? where's EP3? where's the next HL? a NEW CS:S that uses a new engine (I really wasn't all that impressed with the visuals)? I know this game is different from say... BF3.... but it seems to me like this was a game that feels/looks like it should have came out a few years ago.

Just feels late in the game. And yeah, seems like would work here for a few weeks before it would die out - since it just looks like the old game revisited.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Valve doesn't care. Every nerd in ESEA will buy a copy, get banned, then buy another copy.

to the people bitching about graphics..... cod has been ussing the same engine since forever.... so meh.
    as long as it does NOT have ironsight im happy.
    but we could use a more tactical aproach. lean+ironsight i could live with BUT not in cs.
    i think the market on pc atleast can do a fps with lean and ironsight. i havent seen lean in a long time.....cs should stay vanila.
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

I know this game is still in its early stages of beta, but it looks like a big pile of shit to me. Besides the rag dolls looking less realistic, and the visuals actually looking WORSE than Source, it's the way the guns look, shoot, and the way the player is holding the guns.

Sure, Source was full of bugs (and still is) and had some unrealistic visuals (like hunchback models) in it's beta and early release.. but for a game that is being released 8 years (2012 release date) after CS:S, it's looking like an improvement on CS: Condition Zero. There's plenty of time to make improvements, so I'm hoping they listen to feedback and tweak the fuck out of it.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive-counter-strike-global-offensive-20110825071445939.jpg
    Idk if that's a krieg 552 but it looks horrible lol. Yes, it's beta, but they've released a trailer already.. I'm pretty sure they've decided to stay with this look. My problem is the way your player model holds the rifle. It looks very unnatural and a normal human being would have a hard time bending their arm that way. The forearm doesn't bend that way. From the looks of it, his left elbow must be sticking all the way out.
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive-denuke0000fj.jpg
    Here's a krieg 552 again, but this time in Source. It looks better and the way your player model holds the gun is more realistic and natural, and actually takes up less of the screen. Elbow relaxed, arm not bending in the opposite direction..

and again..
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive-counter-strike-global-offensive-20110825071448552.jpg
    but even worse.. lol.. and that better be a buy menu for the console version

The pistols I've seen look like shit too.

Maybe I'm a harsh critic, but hopefully some of you agree with me.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

you're prob a little harsh, but i agree it's nothing great

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123712 ... LastLast