Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 591011 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Battlefield 3 Open Beta Dated

Considering hibernation ohmigosh's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Battlefield 3 Open Beta Dated

That kind of sacrifice surely gets you points somewhere on the future husband scoreboard.
    "Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual."

Blog Entries

The game's already being produced and shipped; we're playing the E3 build most likely. I smell EA's foul stench all over that decision; however despite the technical problems the gameplay is solid for me.
    If you've managed to get into a Caspian Border map these past couple of days you'd be blown away, it's everything I hoped it would be.

PS: I still miss commander mode but the vehicles are epic and the tactical gameplay on conquest rocks.

Writer: Ugh, this post is heavy! Someone get me a wooden beam!
    Moderator: That post better be up to code or Heads WILL Roll :furious:
    Writer: It's set! See? :thumbup:
    [Crash]
    Moderator: ... [Ban]

T-Bagging The Critically Wounded BetterOffDead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bojingles View Post
    Joining on people is a pain and then once you're in game there's no guarantee of being in that persons squad. You have to leave a squad then find a squad? It's roulette. You have no clue what squad you'll get.
    I agree about the squad mechanics in this game. I wish they would bring back 6 man squads... why not keep what worked so well before with BF2??? I think that is part of the reason why today if you join a BF2 game you get into squads that work together whereas BC2 it feels more like Quake. There are tons of threads in the beta forums all requesting to fix squads and bring back BF2 style squads. I have a feeling the current squad setup was done to dumb it down for consoles and probably will not ever be modified. As far as joining a squad with people you know, I think you are supposed to be able to drag friends in Battlelog to invite them to the game and to be placed in the same squad. However, I hear that this is bugged at the moment. I don't know of a way to guarantee squad once in-game though.

For the most part I wish that they would have just taken BF2 and placed it on the Frostbite 2 engine. Throw in the awesome vehicle handling of BC2 and a few other new gameplay tweaks and it would be great. I also like the new suppressing fire mechanic. I think that is one of the best new ideas for team work. The blinding flashlight for close quarters is also pretty nice although leaving it on around friendlies is a good way to get tk'd...lol.

I still despise the target sensitive "Q" key. I'd like to be able to call for more ammo or health or a ride without putting my crosshair on someone. It was always a critical tool to easily communicate with people outside your squad and it would be nice to be able to "thank" someone for dropping an ammo box every once in awhile. I did hear a rumor that the squad leader will get a commo rose that will allow marking orders and uav/artillery.

Registered User Richardthemadmn's Avatar

I disagree with BF2 with updated graphics. I really like the bf3 beta where it stands, its a new game. I don't to pay for a game I've already payed for and played to death...

Quote Originally Posted by MundaneRaptor View Post
    The game's already being produced and shipped; we're playing the E3 build most likely. I smell EA's foul stench all over that decision; however despite the technical problems the gameplay is solid for me.
    If you've managed to get into a Caspian Border map these past couple of days you'd be blown away, it's everything I hoped it would be.

PS: I still miss commander mode but the vehicles are epic and the tactical gameplay on conquest rocks.
    I agree that were playing a older build, Dice has already said that some of these issues are already fixed in the retail version. I hope they fix the squad thing though that is a pain, and half the time I'm playing with people that don't know how to play battlefield, not dropping health or ammo or being revived.

I will say that the difference between the 2 beta maps is night and day. Once i got into Caspian i was blown away.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

are the graphics what was expected from the trailers?

I still think Dice shot themselves in the foot with the 1st map. It won't kill sales but certainly wont help either.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShark View Post
    are the graphics what was expected from the trailers?
    for me yes , Although I'm only running on med to high settings and dx10, the graphics are pretty impressive even with that. Everything is highly detailed even the ground textures.
    Operation metro was good but the detail in Caspian is crazy.

They also brought back spawn beacons for squads.

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar

I need to download this tonight. Played the 360 Beta and I didn't like it (I need keyboard and mouse!)
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

T-Bagging The Critically Wounded BetterOffDead's Avatar

BF3 PC vs PS3...

SonicSpeed likes this.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 591011 ... LastLast