Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123712 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: StrafeRight Battlefield 3 Servers Discussion Thread

Considering hibernation ohmigosh's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: StrafeRight Battlefield 3 Servers Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogik View Post
    How did the server selection (location) process go? did a lot of people respond?
    We'd 31 data points across the world, ok about half of these were US points but it's provided enough info to let us make what we think is the right location decision - Texas.

Of course, now the game is live we'll be checking / monitoring this
    "Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual."

awesome glad you got some good responses! I'm telling people about this server too heh!

but yeah, the single player is pretty fun, and unique, and i'm glad they got Glenn Morshower to play one of the voice actors (just added a bit of coolness in my mind) - i want to try and pump up my settings (everything on high and a few ultra) but it plays just so dang well i probably wont.

and yeah, the multiplayer is FUN. i had to force myself to stop to check out the single-player (i don't think it should be missed), and i'm not disappointed!
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

MisterX

Anyone Formed a Sr Platoon yet?

Blog Entries

Yup... Here's the link: Battlelog / Sign in
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

cool - just applied!
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Quote Originally Posted by BetterOffDead View Post
    Yeah this is way more polished that I expected from beta. It they can just add some in-game VOIP it will be amazing. I've heard nothing but bad things about the campaign mode, but it doesn't seem that bad to me. Not nearly as fun as multiplayer, but really how much single player can you expect from a BF game? It's going to take a lot of will power to not upgrade my video card for this game.

BTW, the server is running great so far. Right now having the same map twice with so few players is kind of bothersome since the rounds last over an hour...lol. I played in a server that had squad leader spawn only turned on and it made it much more enjoyable. More need for a medic and teamwork to keep the lead up. Felt like BF2 only much much better.
    Server ran great (although I felt like there were a few ping spikes) and the 2 maps I played in were huge, and fun as shit.

Honestly, who doesn't like the campaign mode? What don't they like? The story is great, the voice acting is excellent (saw a few known actors so far).. there's plenty of marine slang, the AI is pretty advanced (playing on hardest difficulty) and the game is challenging as fuck. Using cover and being strategic is key.

I've played the campaign mode more than multiplayer and I've only ran into one glitch. I stood in front of a door that my teammates were supposed to breach, and since I blocked the animation, they just clipped through the door and i was stuck inside. I just quickly ran away from the scene and came back, the door was open after.

This campaign, in my opinion, is better than any of cod's and better than cry2. This game is awesome. The cut scenes are so cinematic, yet, it's the same graphics as in game. Whoever told you campaign sucks are either die hard multiplayer fans or they just suck and keep getting killed.

Anyway, I will be joining the server in a few if it gets populated. I don't remember the map names I played on, but lemme tell ya.. These maps are like night and day. It's like a huge open world, if there wasn't a "leaving battlefield area" warning, I would explore the game world lol
    FuzzyLogik likes this.

Blog Entries

I wont be home until ~6:30PM PST, but hopefully you guys can get it going before then... It shouldn't be that difficult to get going since we only need 4 people now.

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

I said whisky not milk biotch!!! tate's Avatar

I'll look for the server and see if we can get it going

Blog Entries

I can idle in there for the next hour or so...

Quote Originally Posted by tate View Post
    I'll look for the server and see if we can get it going
    If you haven't already, there's a search field when looking for servers when origin launches your browser. I think it's Multiplayer - Servers

Anyway, just type straferight and it will be the only server

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123712 ... LastLast