Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doom 3 BFG

Re: Doom 3 BFG

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Are you guys serious? The graphics power of either console is far beyond any PC from 2004... The graphics are being upped for the BFG edition. Remember- when Doom 3 was released, nVidia 5-series were new.

'Doom 3 BFG Edition' will deliver the full Doom back catalog plus new levels | The Verge
    My beef is that they're dressing up a nearly decade old game and probably selling it for $60. If it was sub-$20 I'd definitely bite; I bought a second copy of Doom 3/Resurrection of Evil, and all the previous Doom games off Steam for $10 years ago. The 2-3 extra hours sounds nice, but unless they remade all the Dooms I'm probably going to pass on this until there's some big Steam sale. Also the graphics are stale, but not that far off from the PS3/360 when maxed at 1080P. (It's no GT5, but it definitely can hang with some of the lesser titles, especially if you install some new texture packs)

Re: Doom 3 BFG

Quote Originally Posted by chode_messiah View Post
    My beef is that they're dressing up a nearly decade old game and probably selling it for $60. If it was sub-$20 I'd definitely bite; I bought a second copy of Doom 3/Resurrection of Evil, and all the previous Doom games off Steam for $10 years ago. The 2-3 extra hours sounds nice, but unless they remade all the Dooms I'm probably going to pass on this until there's some big Steam sale. Also the graphics are stale, but not that far off from the PS3/360 when maxed at 1080P. (It's no GT5, but it definitely can hang with some of the lesser titles, especially if you install some new texture packs)
    Oof, yeah if they sold it for that much it's probably not going to do well.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12