Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Borderlands 2

United States [US]
    joe

Borderlands 2

The game with a bazillion guns deserves a bazillion threads, no? Or at least a new one to celebrate its launch, the old thread with trailers is here.

I'll try to keep this first post updated with important information and links, a good place to start if you're having technical troubles are the Gearbox PC forums. A general information thread at Gearbox also contains a lot of good info.

Online skill trees are available for each of the four classes, gunzerker, siren, commando and assassin.

**IMPORTANT FOR THOSE WHO PRE-ORDERED**

If you pre-ordered the game you gained access to the Borderlands Premiere Club, which granted you starting weapons, a golden key and the vault hunter's relic (the latter is the most important as it improves loot chances). Unfortunately gaining access to these is a bit bugged at launch, once you've downloaded the game (and I think you need to run/launch it at least once), you need to verify the game cache via Steam. To do so, right-click on the game in your Steam library, select Properties, then the Local Files tab, and finally "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". The next time you launch the game you should have the Premiere Club rewards.

Also, the golden keys for the golden chest in Sanctuary work a bit screwy at the moment. Normally you are rewarded golden keys for things like being in the Premiere Club, or joining Gearbox Shift, etc, but locally the data is kept in a config file on your PC (so some appear to be abusing the system). Also, in co-op/multi-player it appears that if one player uses a golden key, then it is consumed for all co-op players present. As I said, it's a bit screwy, I expect this to be patched/fixed/reworked at some point.

So, anyone have any screenshots or gameplay videos? What's your favorite moment so far? And it was totally an accident that I shot my exploding shotgun into the shock and explosives barrel right as yankee ran by it sending him flying through the map and down into the depths of the factory where no one could reach him to revive him, I swear.

Re: Borderlands 2

My favorite part is not a part in the story, because I skipped the first couple of missions hopping in a game with friends.

I was running past an enemy encampment protected by a tall impenetrable wall. They set a couple of guys out the front and you are supposed to kill them and run around the side to an opening in the wall. Instead of that, I tossed my turret over the wall and laughed as I heard them screaming and running around in confusion as my turret killed them and gave me experience for it :-)

Considering hibernation ohmigosh's Avatar
    Blog Entries

lol!
    Sigh, Friday seems like forever away....darn staggered release dates!
    "Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual."

Protip: when you have 4 players in co-op, play the slots in Sanctuary. I won a Sledge's Shotgun, it is orange. That is all.

United States [US]
    joe

good tip, that's a nice bonus...the difference in enemies (and loot) between three and four players is quite noticeable, and it makes for a lot better game, nice to see other things like this take effect as well...

United States [US]
    joe

for those playing co-op and using TeamSpeak, the server has been moved (the disconnects finally got to me)...

NEW TEAMSPEAK SERVER IP: 216.172.97.154

(this is the same box as the minecraft server, in theory it should perform better and not have all the connection issues, we'll see though)

Germany [DE]
    UI

Apparently there's a massive glitch in the Sanctuary golden key chest... My brother and his friends found a way to open it infinitely without keys, so they're farming weapons like crazy.

Hopefully there's nothing else in that file that says how many times you've opened the chest...

Colombia [CO]
    Tao

GGs deploying L4D tactics to survive an arena massacre

anybody make it to the minecraft area?
    its in the castic caves behind mine craft blocks that you break. Creepers will come after you, once you beat them a bad-ass creeper comes out.
    basically shoot the creepers before they explode near you lol.

my son got a orange sniper rifle that shoots a smallmincraft block and does 2,500 damage.

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast