Page 1 of 8 126 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Arma3 - Beta Version - Domination Mission

Arma3 - Beta Version - Domination Mission

Hey guys, I'm currently playing Arma3 and am taking the infamous Domination Mission (by Xeno maintained by Naong)and tweaking it a little for gameplay that is more suited to small groups. Since the Server I host is only on my home PC when I'm on, it's nothing to write home about, but I try to ensure it is up and running every FRI / SAT and SUN night in the evenings from about 6.30pm PST onwards.

Once the game progresses past beta, then potentially I'll have a look to see if server hosting is viable ... however .. with an ever changing Alpha/Beta game .. and developing as is ... it is not worth coughing up the cash nor the hassle involved in updating maintaining and ever changing server. For those interested that play with me I'll post changes I make to the server here, since most of the changes are requested by us to make the experience more enjoyable for small team incursions.

Mission Being Editted :- co_40_Domination_2_99f_Blufor_Beta_VAS.Stratis
    Relabled with changes :- co20_Domination_Blufor299f_Beta_VAS.Stratis
    Gamespy Server Label :- SR Domination Blufor 299f Beta VAS
    Password for Server :- Available from TS from ny guys that are playing on the server

Changelog Dom299fv1:-
    Spoiler:1. Skill Random Variable enemy reduced from 0.3 to 0.1
    2. Ensured 2nd spot artillery operator available (currently admin reserved) at bottom
    Top spot left for Hellznight - as per his request lol !
    3. Added 4 Quads for base transport - Tophes Respawn script currently broken - will add in when fixed
    4. Disabled base safe zone
    5. Arty Range in Params increased to 1000m
    6. Negative Points for death and TK removed
    7. Rearranged Heli's at base to be more decript as to what they do
    8. Lift capabilities Removed from UH-80 GhostHawk - Transport and Ammobox only
    Gamebalancing change to leave Littlebirds as Ammobox only
    9. CH49 reworked as LIFT chopper - Big chopper to do big job - Gamebalance item.
    10. PO-30 Orca introduced and assigned as Wreck chopper Only
    Will help identify
    11. Confirmed SM and MT bonus arrays - Ensuring that AH9 and AH99 are ONLY SM rewards
    Yup .. gotta do em side missions to get goodies for MT assault.
    12. Confirmed ALL SM / MT rewards should be repairable and lift able by wreck chopper
    13. Rebranded Server Name and some credits
    14. Beer Song left in, SeargentAssist loves it !

Working on ....
    1. Removing Negative points for blowing up own vehicle
    2. Respawn Script for Quads in base for deserted timer so you can scoot and leave em

Feel free to post any bugs you find here.
    There will be many and I will fix what I can, however .... it is BETA,, the Mission is ever changing to keep up with Scripts, Classname and Programming changes.
    MisterX likes this.

Re: Arma3 - Beta Version - Domination Mission

Known Problems Issues .....
    As coding gets pushed through from BIS many bugs / errors will crop up ... I'll try to list them here so we can track them.
    Feel free to email / message me with bugs and I'll post their status here.

1. Tophes respawn script currently broken hence Quads at base will not respawn when blown up or deserted - WIP
    2. Reported by Kage 6/24/13 - Ammoboxes will not load - WIP

I do most of my rewriting TUE WED THU so ty for your patience.

In Hindsight I am going to leave at least 1 previous version of a Domination map available to rollback when the server is up.
    i.e. If I bust out 8 changes (which 90% of the time are not 100% tested) we may end up with a map that is not working well.
    Admins (which I will assign and talk to soon) will have the ability to reset the server and rollback to a previous version.
    That said ..... that is all based on the premise that I screwed up changes on a mission and not a BIS change that was a gamebreaker....
    in which case, all maps would be FUBARRED !

Either way , I think it would be a good idea to assign a few admins with the ability to restart / choose other missions.
    The above will be finalized and implemented the weekend of 29th June 2013.
    Last edited by Jaxx; 06-25-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    MisterX likes this.

Blog Entries

Me and a few of the Teamspeak goons have been playing the last couple of weekends and having a blast. Jax has been doing a great job and we really appreciate the effort he is putting in trying to make sure that the entire thing works during the development of a game before the full release. There are constantly bugs and changes that mess with all of the scripting, but Jax keeps on chugging. (Both figuratively working and literally drinking). Before the full release of Arma 3 I will probably get a review up on the site to try and dive into what you can expect from the full game. Before all that, here is a taste of what we have been doing each weekend on the server.
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...BB9EEA9519EC7/

As with any new game, we continue the never ending battle of wondering our PC hardware is capable of handing the new software. With Technology ever changing in architecture our Mobo's and Graphics cards / Ram and CPU's are put under never ending stress and heat as we push and eek every little bit of performance out of our games.

Here's a quick and dirty guide for Arma, with a few hints and tips on how to get it to run a bit better.

1. Arma 3 as all Arma games runs better the faster your CPU is. The latest version A3 is no different. But what about all my cores you say ? Well there a LOOONG list of people already complaining that A3 SHOULD have been better optimized for current Multithreading and Multiple cores, and it does to a certain degree ... however ... the BETA version hopefully will continue to be optimized as we progress to Final Release.
    HINT :- IF you overclock (and know how to ... ) then doing so will improve performance
    WARNING :- DO NOT OVERCLOCK YOUR CPU unless you know what your doing !!!!

2. For those that played the previous set of Arma's, you will all too well know the few startup commands that you can put in that will help in performance. If you goto Steam / Right Click on Arma3 / Properties and Click SET LAUNCH OPTIONS you will see a blank box. This is a startup line that can be initiated when you start Arma3. In short it TELLS Arma3 to play with the aforementioned options. HERE IS A LINK to read in detail about the options.

Here an example of it .. i.e. My Startup Params -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -maxMem=7168 -winxp -high -noSplash -world=empty

3. For those that do not have a Frame Count Program like fraps ... BIS out of the kindness of their heart provided one .. when you go into the Video Options. You should also know that a lot of the setting are dynamic .. i.e. if you change the setting you can see the change in frames instantaneously. For those that loaded up the game and just went with the default settings ... there can be a lot more smoothing out of the game ... if not and increase in frame rate, if you dink about with these settings.

HINT :- Shoot for a Frame rate of a steady 35 in base if possible ... if you do so, where there a lot of graphics .. usually you will experience smoother and
    faster FPS in the field.
    WARNING :- Poorly written missions / bad coding ... and Servers that are not hosted / optimized properly will DESTROY your framerate in MP.
    Do not think that your PC is running like crap if you hop on 2 servers and get 10 fps.
    MAKE ALL ADJUSTMENTS IN A SHOWCASE / SINGLEPLAYER or a known EFFICIENT MAP and SERVER.

4. Many of the Video settings can be misleading ... there are a couple of quick ones that USUALLY will give you instant boost.

VERTICAL SYNC - If you don't know what it is ... SWITCH IT OFF ! If you get bad screen Tearing Switch it back on ! I get +15fps with it off
    SHADOWS - Misconception that DISABLED of LOW means better performance .... High and above actually shifts the Shadow Processing to the GPU.
    Voila ! Your CPU load just got a little lighter.
    AA - Look at your monitor ! Try 8x Try 4x ... I run at 2x and can barely see the difference ! +5 fps .. Depends on your Monitor and GPU !

These are just a few examples of tweaking and honestly .. a lot of this stuff works, however ... if you PC is powered by a hamster and you've been promising to upgrade for a couple years, well maybe A3 might be the game that incentivizes you.

My next upgrades HOPEFULLY will be ..... Nvidia Geforce 660 .. I'll prob go for EVGA ... running a GTX 460 just now
    128 GB SSD ... have a normal HD
    Decent set of headphones - .... I canny here which direction the damn shot comes from ! That's why I'm Crap at Playing !

Good luck .. and please hit me up if I can offer any help / advice in tuning your game up :-)

Kage .. TY sir for the kind words

Cya in there guys
    Last edited by Jaxx; 06-27-2013 at 10:56 PM.
    Kage likes this.

Blog Entries

Fuck I want to play this. Sounds like y'all are having a blast.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

Blog Entries

I am often told that I have a true mastery of the English language... Then I happen to read a post by a Scot or DanFortHWad, and i cry on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojingles View Post
    Fuck I want to play this. Sounds like y'all are having a blast.
    It's SO MUCH FUN!!! I like it because it's similar to battlefield, yet it emphasizes squads much more than BF ever did, it requires a good understanding of cover vs. concealment, and small unit tactics are helpful.
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Yet another update hit today ... so be prepared for a download and potential bugs. Just a quick tip ... if you have strange nonsense going on, then it is very worthy to Verify your Steam Game Integrity. Right Click Arma3 in your Game Library / Properties / Local Files and Click Verify Integrity of Game Cache. It should not take long and will go through the files of Arma3 and DL any ones that have been corrupted or are missing. Very Worthy and mine usually finds something screwed up :-)

Server will go up around 3pm Friday 28th June and run until about 11pm PST.
    I will endeavor to do the same on SAT and SUN this weekend.

If there is any hangups with the server when I am not on, Pls message KAGE or myself and we can restart the server.
    Kage has kindly volunteered to be admin on the server when I'm not about to screw it up :-)

Ahh 4th July is coming ! Gotta love the time off !
    With my new GC and PSU coming, I'm gonna be playing as much as I can, and leaving server up as much as I can
    to stress test my new hardware. Nothing much has changed in the game for recent releases .. in fact .. I almost want to say ..
    things have settled down. I know mission writers and server hosters have definitely been shitting less than a large brick in the past week.

Look forward to some gaming over the next few days.

Will report success / miserable failure in hardware upgrade on the Hardware forum.

System Specs
    Intel i7 870 2.93Ghz - Asus P7P55D-E LX Mobo - 8GB DDR1600
    1TB HD 7200 - EVGA Geforce 660 4GB - Ultra 750W PSU
    Shitty Keyboard / Mouse

MisterX

I've only dabbled a little when the alpha was first released, I'll need to give this another bash.

Great advances have been made .. but all in all .. as any of the Arma series is for me .. it's all about the friends and the people you play with Mister X :-)

I look forward to helping you play the game badly .... with many beers !

System Specs
    Intel i7 870 2.93Ghz - Asus P7P55D-E LX Mobo - 8GB DDR1600
    1TB HD 7200 - EVGA Geforce 660 4GB - Ultra 750W PSU
    Shitty Keyboard / Mouse

Page 1 of 8 126 ... LastLast