Like Tree9Likes
  • 7 Post By Kage
  • 2 Post By MisterX

Thread: KG reviews TitanFall (poorly)

Blog Entries

KG reviews TitanFall (poorly)

I made a video review this time. Sorry its not long drawn out text. I will try to make more of these in the coming weeks!

Re: KG reviews TitanFall (poorly)

I like the video, less to read

I don't think I'll pick this up anytime soon, but I'm sure there will be some sale on it in the future, I might get it then.

Got this on the PC, despite having an XBone, Its just easier to play with a mouse and keyboard IMO.
    Loving it more than I thought I would.
    The titan V Titan battles are quite strategic in some regards, timing your reloads, shield regen, dashing and ordinance etc.

As you can imagine there's little to no teamwork during the games, But a team that did work together would blitz this game.

i'll be honest i didn't really give it a fair chance but i despise EA games and only pre-ordered it under pressure from a friend. I emailed EA and asked for a refund within the first 12 hours of launch. Had consistent server connection issues which ALWAYS happens to me with EA games, the matchmaking lobby felt like a cheap version of COD's and it didn't seem to make sense, i had 3 matches in a row (longest single connection) where i was on a team of all lvl 1's versus 12's and 13's. obviously we got roflstomped everytime. that was enough for me to want my 60 bucks back. It's a cool concept i just wish a different publisher had put it out and that it didn't feel like such a cheap COD/Battlefeild copy to me. and i HATES Origin.

Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz - GeForce GTX 670 - ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo - CORSAIR DDR3 6GB RAM - Antec 900 Case - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W PS - Razer Mamba/Anasi

I've heard from folks who have the PC version vs. the Xbox One version, most folks seem to feel that the PC version had all sorts of server issues but the XBone launch went pretty smooth. I would guess te XBone version used Microsoft's Azure cloud for the servers and the PC version is all EA. I'm sure if that is really the case Microsoft will be ramming that down our throats soon enough.

I know the US launch had issues, but In all honesty the game has performed absolutely flawlessly for me and I played it up to about level 32 ish over the course of the weekend, Not one crash not one glitch. I was mildly surprised. The team balancing like Dwall said was random at best , but that's evened out a bit as time has passed.
    It wont be every ones game of choice but I'm finding it a refreshing diversion from BF4.
    Having said that Naval Assault for that is out tomorrow and the Carrier Assault mode sounds like it will float my boat.
    Pun intended.
    akabaloo and Kage like this.

Like i said, just not my cup o tea. Graphics are great, gameplay is... interesting for an FPS, tastes of mech-warrior mixed with a regular fps-rpg-mmo-hybrid. It's just not what i'm into playing right now, i'll spend the 60 bucks elsewhere.

Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz - GeForce GTX 670 - ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo - CORSAIR DDR3 6GB RAM - Antec 900 Case - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W PS - Razer Mamba/Anasi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    Like i said, just not my cup o tea. Graphics are great, gameplay is... interesting for an FPS, tastes of mech-warrior mixed with a regular fps-rpg-mmo-hybrid. It's just not what i'm into playing right now, i'll spend the 60 bucks elsewhere.
    Sorry to hear you had so many troubles with it. I guess me and MisterX are fortunate enough to not have run into any connection issues. Only once or twice since its release last week did I ever get dropped from a game, and then I just joined a new one without any trouble.

It is a very cool concept with alot of things that are going well, but it is also a first step in the direction of something new like this. I cant think of too many games that have included AI Teammates and Enemies as well as giant robots in a Co-op/Multiplayer campaign. I like where this game has gone and I hope it inspires other developers to do the same.

That being said, I am still playing Arma 3, BF4, and other games more than TitanFall. Its a good game but I just dont have that many friends playing it with me. What the hell is the point of a multiplayer game if I dont have other players?