Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By yankeeDEUCE
  • 2 Post By yankeeDEUCE

Thread: Rainbow Six Siege

Blog Entries

Rainbow Six Siege

Is anyone getting it? It drops this week.

Pre-purchase Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege on Steam

Blog Entries

Re: Rainbow Six Siege

Im considering it...
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Blog Entries

After playing the beta, myself and Sergeant Assist are not buying this anytime soon.

not good?
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Blog Entries

It was not what we expected. (Beta Review)

To give some perspective, myself and SA enjoyed playing the R6 series from the beginnings up to Vegas 2. Vegas 2 for me was the ideal R6 game, they dropped you into an area and you had to coordinate with your teammates(Player or AI) to execute exact movements and operations. Customization of characters was detailed and well done. Arming your character was great, dozens of guns available. First person view was the locked in default for moving and shooting, and when you got behind cover it switched you to third person to give you a view of surroundings. If you ever played that, you probably agree with me that it was a great R6 game.

From what I saw in this beta, it is nothing like the previous games. The focus is directed at MP and some Co-op with frantic and very fast movements. It almost felt like a Call of Duty shooter with destructible environments. You didnt have your own character you would set up, each round would start with a first come first serve system of choosing the characters you had unlocked that each had their own equipment and special set ups. If you wanted to play the heavily armored shield guy, you would have to get it first. In terrorist hunt the AI was quick and unforgiving, but often would show up out of nowhere and run straight at you. Terrorist hunt felt too much like any other AI survival firefight game that can be seen on many other shooters these days. Not too much was Tacticool about it. We tried to do the "tactical" approach and try to coordinate movements and strategies, but then we would try just running and gunning. Running in an shooting everything usually ended up being the better option.

Multiplayer was much slower paced, but you would still run into the same problem of running and gunning being the better option. 5 v 5, one life per player, best of 3 rounds. Attackers and defenders had their own abilities and roles. Attackers would always be R6 teams trying to infiltrate using drones and breaching charges and such, while defenders would try to bunker down and build defenses to slow down the attacking team. It felt way too much like play CSGO with destructible walls and doors. Not impressed.

I cant say anything about single player, nothing available in the beta.

Destructible environments are cool, but you can start to see exactly what can and what cant be broken, and I can see that leading to many of the maps being easily memorized by players and used to their advantage.

Maybe this game will get better after a month of full release, but it is a new R6 game geared towards the COD generation.

never really got into the R6 games that much... but this one doesn't sound like R6 at all :P that's too bad.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

MisterX

found the beta fun-ish , Its just not an R6 game is all. Vegas and Vegas 2 were great in their day.

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar

Got this for free when I bought my graphics card. Have only done the training stuff and some Lone Wolf Terrorist Hunt, haven't played online at all yet. It is actually a pretty fun game from what I have played so far. Two big things though:

It is definitely not a Rainbow Six game, there hasn't been a good one since Raven Shield.
    And it is definitely not a $60 game, if it was $20 this would be a good buy. But it's Ubisoft, so of course they find a way to fuck it up.

From the small amount I have put into it it seems to be a good game. Unfortunately the price point will keep a lot of people away. Not a fan of the season pass or being able to buy points (renown?) with cash bullshit either.
    VincentVega likes this.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

Have played a bit more, and it gets better the more you play, unlock operators, and figure out new tactics. Just playing against the AI is fun. Still not worth $60 though, but if you can find it on cdkeys/g2a/kinguin for ~$30-40 I would get it.
    Kage and MisterX like this.

yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

Free weekend time! Everyone that owns the game has 4 keys they can give out. Looks like game is also 25% off at Ubi

I have 1 key left right now, hit me up on Steam or Teamspeak if you want it. Might be some available on the R6 subreddit as well.

Build a squad by inviting your friends to play for free on PC this week-end and earn renown boosters.

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is launching a Friend Referral Program for PC starting this Saturday (19/12). If you own the game on PC, you can grant a full weekend access to up to 4 of your friends and get a 24h Renown Booster for each friend who plays.

Visit rainbow6keys.ubi.com to get 4 keys to share with your friends. Each key allows a friend who does not own Rainbow Six Siege to access the full version of the game on PC for the week-end. Whether your friend wants to play Solo Situations, Coop in Terrorist Hunt Modes or 5v5 Multiplayer, the whole content of the game is available without restriction.

Each friend you invite that redeems his key will reward you with one 24h Renown Booster (up to four boosters max). You will receive your Renown Booster rewards directly in-game shortly after the program ends.

Your friends can already preload the game. To redeem their keys, they have to install Uplay PC, log in and click the controller icon to activate their key.

Free access begins Saturday, December 19th at 12:01 AM CET through Monday, December 21st, at 06:01 AM CET. Friends recruited through this program will keep their in-game progression and privileges if they decide to purchase the full game.

yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |