Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: single player games on the cheap

single player games on the cheap

well, multiplayer's well and good, but at home, no fast connection So I need something to keep me occupied while I'm on spring break, and even when I go back to school (UT2k4 demo can only go so far). Maybe adventure or RPG. Preferably under 20 beans. I went out to worst buy today to check out games in other threads like KOTOR or SWG and Fallout2, only to see the first two were $50 and they didn't have the last one. Of course, I can check another games store for fallout, but before I go, any other suggestions?

It is very unlikely that you will find FallOut2, or 1 for that matter at any retail store. Even online, stores like Eb games dont carry it anymore.

You might want to take a look at NeverWinterNights. I heard the game Mafia is pretty good also. You can also always pick up a copy of Grand Theft Auto 3 (or vice city).

Age of Empires and Command and Conquer were always fun..
    Desktop: AMD64 3200+ @ 2.7ghz | MSI Neo2 Platinum | 2x512 Ballistix PC4000 | Gainward 6800 GT |Leadtek TV Tuner | Plantronics DSP-500 CounterStrike

deus ex. Great game with rpg elements. Should be failry cheap since the game is uber old.
    - Thinking inside the box is cool!

my 5670: P4 2.66/RADEON9000 128MB/1 GIG O' RAM/40GIG HD 5400RPM
    my DESKTOP: AMD Athlon 64 3000+/Nforce 3 250 mobo/RADEON9800 128MB/512 MB O' RAM/40GIG HD 7200RPM
    Currently Playing: Star Ocean 3, CS:S, Stepmania

nwn!

I second...errr i guess third the Neverwinter Nights. FUN game. Awsome single player by itself, and when you get the chance to go online its great fun also.

Ummmmm....other than that....Fallout you should be able to get at Walmart for like 10 buck (fallout 1 and 2) Im not sure though...I have not checked since like last year.

Played Diablo 2? It's pretty much a classic. I think you could get the battlechest for less than 30, probably less than 20.

Any of the Final Fantasies, but from my experiences they never really ported to the PC very well.

Anyway, my spring break starts the 24! I'm not going anywhere special just stay home, work, play some video game it should be relaxing enough. (anything to get away from my philosophy class)
    A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting right next to you saying, "We skrewed now." :uhoh:

I'm not senDing SublimInal MessegEs

You can order Fallout and Fallout 2 directly from Interplay's website for $10. Also check e-bay for copies.

http://
    man I want to play age of empires but I dont wanna put out cash

http://
    ill go dig out all my cds (ive got like 500 computer game cds) and find it, I know I have it.

8890 Owner, Uru Gamer T_S_Kimball's Avatar
    I'd also agree with NWN, but also do not overlook Morrowind and its two expansions; The game is single-player only. The Game of the Year box has everything needed in one place for reasonable price.

If you're into the genre, Uru (latest Myst series game) was not too bad in single player, and has just released a free expansion over the web.

--TSK
    -T. S. Kimball -- Solaris Admin (3rd Shift) and Uru Fan

8890-V: 3.2 HT, 1G mem, 9600/128, 16" SXGA , 60@7200, DVD Combo, XP Pro/FC4
    HP SE L2000 - Turion 64 @ 1.8, 1G mem, x200/64, 14" WSXGA, 100@4800, DVD+RW, XP Pro/FC4
    Still Playing: Until Uru, Second Life (Join here), There

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast