Page 1 of 15 12611 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Cry

Far Cry

Anyone else get it yet?

I'm installing it now. :headbang:
    Chad Schaeffer
    Desktop: MSI KT4V-L * Xp 2400+ * ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb * 1.5 GB DDR266 * 2 120gb WD1200 HD* 2 120gb Y120PO HD

getting it later this week... stupid school and work.....

that game is seriously awesome... played through all the demos so many times, and multiplayer was awesome.
    Desktop: Shuttle XPC SN41G2 Custom

Lappy: Gateway m505X Centrino 1.4 (4-5 hours, baby!)

Mac: Mac Mini - 1.42 | Superdrive

iPod: 20 gig 3G and 512 Shuffle

Quote Originally Posted by kwick7
    getting it later this week... stupid school and work.....

that game is seriously awesome... played through all the demos so many times, and multiplayer was awesome.
    What neglected to mention, I'm stuck in class right now. So installing Far Cry and playing it in class....

Though, I think I'll have to go back, not using sound, for the sake of my classmates.
    Chad Schaeffer
    Desktop: MSI KT4V-L * Xp 2400+ * ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb * 1.5 GB DDR266 * 2 120gb WD1200 HD* 2 120gb Y120PO HD

Squeaky Wheel
    And, for all you serious AMD crazies, it will be coming out in 64-bit soon. Yahoo!!!
    Supposedly a 30% performance jump.
    The best way to predict the future is to invent it

Quote Originally Posted by MARQUISDARQUIS
    And, for all you serious AMD crazies, it will be coming out in 64-bit soon. Yahoo!!!
    Supposedly a 30% performance jump.

i know! I got so excited when i first read about that. And i'll admit, I am an AMDer.....sounds good enough i guess.... makes me want to get a 64 bit sooooo much more.
    Desktop: Shuttle XPC SN41G2 Custom

Lappy: Gateway m505X Centrino 1.4 (4-5 hours, baby!)

Mac: Mac Mini - 1.42 | Superdrive

iPod: 20 gig 3G and 512 Shuffle

gsferrari's alter ego gsminardi's Avatar
    OK - Are you guys talking about the full version? I thought it hasnt been released yet :confused:

Anyway - the demo is so awesome...The sunlight through the foliage on the arms and weapon just looks so real...I just wish my damned graphics was not flawed...cant play for more than 10 minutes before the screen craps up...thie weekend I will have my replacement and I will see what this game really looks like.

I thought the demo was a bit tough...just not used to single player shooters I guess...COD was much easier - the AI in this is comparable...no - better - than the COD AI for sure!!

Graphics looks awesome...game play is a little geometric and not so "organic" - very stiff movements etc. and I miss the ability to go prone...

But still - what a game!!

Im getting the full version next week with Pandora Tomorrow (Splinter Cell 2) and I have BF Vietnam now...HL2 and Doom 3 on order as well

2004 is gonna be a BLAST!!!

a.k.a gsferrari

Currently Playing : BF1942/Desert Combat : FarCry Demo 1&2 and full version : Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow : Battlefield Vietnam
    System : Sager 8790 - P43.4/1.0GB/256MB9700/60GB@7200

Quote Originally Posted by gsminardi
    OK - Are you guys talking about the full version? I thought it hasnt been released yet :confused:
    Well the release date was today...

Quote Originally Posted by gsminardi
    Graphics looks awesome...game play is a little geometric and not so "organic" - very stiff movements etc. and I miss the ability to go prone...
    Try the v key.
    Chad Schaeffer

gsferrari's alter ego gsminardi's Avatar
    heh OK

But the game is VERY involving... Cant wait for the full version to show up.

Playing it with VERY HIGH settings on the 8790 and it runs like a dream...just cant see anything coz my screen is so crapped up

I finished the mission where you have to smack the Radio Tower or whatever...its quite hard in the normal and hard settings...

a.k.a gsferrari

Currently Playing : BF1942/Desert Combat : FarCry Demo 1&2 and full version : Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow : Battlefield Vietnam
    System : Sager 8790 - P43.4/1.0GB/256MB9700/60GB@7200

stupid question, but will only the amd 64 chip users reap the benefits of a 64 bit version of far cry or would p4 users see faster performance as well?

Lake Macquarie, Australia (1hr north of Sydney)
    been playing the demo for about a week now. Absolutely awesome. The graphics are really amazing. Pity I get killed so easily
    Why is it so hard to get used to all the different keystrokes each game uses - particularly as I am left handed. Getting really pissed having to remap keys all the time.

BTW does anyone know how to get out of a split jump in Splinter Cell (Pandora etc). I get stuck and can't manouver - I feel like such a dork :stupid:
    Steve - 8890 nutter
    --------------------
    antonov - my SXGA 8890-V XP Pro heavy lifter. mobius - my SECOND 8890 for business continuity.
    Sager: bigger than most, faster than all. You want a Sager? You can't handle a Sager!

Page 1 of 15 12611 ... LastLast