Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Hope for Fallout Fans

Hope for Fallout Fans

Well as we all know, Fallout 3 never got to see the daylight... however, in rectn videogaming news....there seems to be a chance that we might end u having a Fallout3 after all. I am posting this because I remember recently when the gamespot voting thing happened, a lot of FO fans emerged.

If it's not made by Troika Studios (the place where most/all of the creators of Fallout moved to after Fallout 2) then would it really be a sequel anyway?

Well about 6 months later... the answer to your question has come Peat:thesequel!

I got a chance to look through the new issue of GameInformer... and in a real small spot they have this to say:

Last mmonth it was announced that Bethesda had aquired the Fallout liscense from Interplay, and the company has confirmed that Fallout 3 will follow The Elder Scrolls IV as a new next-generation title. While only in preproduction stages at the moment, the game will use the same technology as Oblivion, and is planned as another open-ended role-playing game. This game however, will be decidedly darker. Imagine a survival horror-esque version of the Fallout world, with all the things you expect out of the series still intact, but with deeper, more immersive gameplay.

The post-apocalyptic theme (and tongue-in-cheek humor) of the series is still present, with your character having spent the first 20 years of his life living underground. Because of this, his eyes are unaccustomaed to the light of day, thus players will have to train their eyes away from light sensitivity by using a special pair of goggles. Todd Howard claims that Fallout 3 will be one of the most original and violent titles ever, and will be set in a familiar U.S. City.
    w00t!

Also... Oblivion = New Elder Scrolls title.

I love Fallout!!

Enderet, they should really give you your own thread for game reviews and News.

Quote Originally Posted by drawmonster
    I love Fallout!!

Enderet, they should really give you your own thread for game reviews and News.
    Haha.. thanks Draw.

:cheers:

I can already imagine Fallout using the new engine that is being used for Oblivion.

you know, what's funny, looking at all these new and "upcoming" game screen shots....
    It's hard to imagine the 3D hardware we all just threw all of our money at... will be worthless in a year.... Oh well

Imagine how worthless all your laptops will be!?! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Al
    you know, what's funny, looking at all these new and "upcoming" game screen shots....
    It's hard to imagine the 3D hardware we all just threw all of our money at... will be worthless in a year.... Oh well

Imagine how worthless all your laptops will be!?! LOL
    Im sure these games will look decent on people's new 6800s.... and I think they will still be about 1-2 years away.

hahaha ... The most original and VIOLENT series ever ...

its crazy how much people you can attract with gore, heheh

Live on Fallout !!
    iXPS P-4 3.4Ghz / HT / WUXGA 15.4 ~~~ 1024mb RAM dual 400 ~~~ 60GB HD @ 7200rpm ~~~ MR9800 256mb
    Dell iXPS : Its tah' Bomb !

Quote Originally Posted by Kierrato
    hahaha ... The most original and VIOLENT series ever ...

its crazy how much people you can attract with gore, heheh

Live on Fallout !!
    I was surprised with that part about the violence too...

While it might add a diff dimension to the game... I think the game COULD make to without it.

Best computer RPG ever. Even Fallout Tactics was good. They should make a MMOG out of it, I'd actually consider paying a monthly fee for that.
    Falcon Mach V SLi :headbang:
    ICON Aluminum Chassis
    Enermax 600 Watt
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
    AMD Athlon64 FX-55
    Zalman CPU Cooler for Athlon64
    Corsair TwinX 2048MB 3200LL-PT
    2 x nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB
    Maxtor DM-10 300GB SATA 16MB Cache
    Sony DRU710A DVD/RW
    Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS