Thread: doom 3 release date

CX6 Owner

doom 3 release date

as i just purchased it (or rather pre-ordered it from amazon) they told me that it will ship no later then June 1st woohoo :banana: :headbang:
    Laptops

Hypersonic CX6[B]: UPGRADED FOR FREE TO 2.0 DOTHAN!!!!! 2GB DDR 400, 60gb 7200 RPM (24/7 extended ops) hard drive, ATI Radeon 9700 w/128mb graphics card.

Desktops

Homebuilt 2.4Ghz P4, 512mb, ATI 9600 XT graphics card

Gateway 2Ghz P4, 512mb, 40gb hard drive, NVidia GeForce 2 MX/MX 400

University of Portland All the way go pilots!!! :headbang:

:saywhat: Can you say.... :saywhat:

0WN3D!!!!!!! :smash:

Sorry, had to do it. Hope it actually does ship then. My best guess is maybe Q4 this year, but I doubt it...
    My Rigs:
    Desktop|ASUS A8N32-SLi Deluxe|AMD X2 4400@2211 ghz|2gb G.Skill PC3200 2.5.2.3@1T|2x eVGA 7900GT CO SuperClocked w/vf900's @ 580/1670|1.4TB hdd space|2x NEC 3550a DVDRW DL|SB X-Fi XM|Logitech G15|Logitech G5|2x Dell 2005FPW|Win XPP Sp2|Logitech Z-5500|
    Laptop|Dell XPS M1710:dance2: |Core Duo T2400|2gb G.Skill PC2 5400|100gb Seagate 7200.1 SATA hdd|17" WUXGA LCD w/TrueLife|Go 7900GTX 512mb:bow: |SB Audigy onboard|Pro Wireless 3945 A/B/G|Dell TM 350 BT 2.0|Win MCE 2K5|

Yeah that guy definetely got owned. Guys dont fall for unofficial release dates please. But then again, I do hope it comes out. If it does on that day and I didnt know about it... then Im the one that got "owned".

Quote Originally Posted by azstinger
    as i just purchased it (or rather pre-ordered it from amazon) they told me that it will ship no later then June 1st woohoo :banana: :headbang:
    you preordered a game from amazon? are you nuts? amazon is one of the last retailers to get stock of any new game or electronic items in general. Amazon in general is really bad at this. Everytime that I have waited for a new "toy" to be released, i.e. mp3 player, pocket pc handheld, game, etc. Amazon's estimated release dates were:

1) always very inaccurate
    2) and while other retailers began shipping, amazon is still waiting for stock

others may disagree, but i'm speaking from experience

if you want an online retailer that will ship you a game on the day that it is released, try either:

http://www.ebworld.com or
    http://www.gamestop.com

both are excellent, and their estimated game release dates are much more accurate than amazon's, and usually one of them might offer free shipping if you pre-order.

of course you could do what i do, since i have no patience, the day that a game is released, i will go to a local game store and pick up a copy. Not going to pay for shipping nor do i have the patience to wait for it to be delivered to me.

and by the way, ebworld.com has doom 3's release date as June 15 and gamestop does not yet have a release date, which would lead me to believe that the June date is a very fast moving target.

I wonder what is Amazon's policy for missed release dates? If your game doesn't come out when promised, do you get compensated in any way?
    Each empty snakelike body floats,
    Silent sorrow in empty boats.
    A sickly sourness fills the room,
    The bitter harvest of a dying bloom.

Quote Originally Posted by deltawalkerl
    I wonder what is Amazon's policy for missed release dates? If your game doesn't come out when promised, do you get compensated in any way?

they have no policy as far as i can tell. if a release date is missed, it's really not the retailers fault usually, it's the manufacturers. You will get no compensation as a result. but in the case of amazon, i believe that they just make up release dates as they go along or they are extremely slow in updating release dates. If anything, the only thing you can do if release dates are missed, is cancel your order and place your order elsewhere.

When amazon first started, what seems like eons ago, i loved them, usually anything i ordered, shipped that same day. Since then, they have really slipped. I hardly order from amazon anymore at all, in fact i can't remember the last time that i did. I do like the customer reviews on amazon.com though and will use it to help when trying to decide between different brands of a product. Then i will go to newegg.com or somewhere and buy it

Environmental Designer zacharac's Avatar
    i fell for it at eb games. I preordered cause they said july 1 and now i hear it should take a lot longer than that. THats guaranteed: It will take a lot longer....
    Sager 8890

still truckin'
    :whiped:

J-Ting
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    you preordered a game from amazon? are you nuts? amazon is one of the last retailers to get stock of any new game or electronic items in general. Amazon in general is really bad at this. Everytime that I have waited for a new "toy" to be released, i.e. mp3 player, pocket pc handheld, game, etc. Amazon's estimated release dates were:

1) always very inaccurate
    2) and while other retailers began shipping, amazon is still waiting for stock

others may disagree, but i'm speaking from experience

if you want an online retailer that will ship you a game on the day that it is released, try either:

http://www.ebworld.com or
    http://www.gamestop.com

both are excellent, and their estimated game release dates are much more accurate than amazon's, and usually one of them might offer free shipping if you pre-order.

of course you could do what i do, since i have no patience, the day that a game is released, i will go to a local game store and pick up a copy. Not going to pay for shipping nor do i have the patience to wait for it to be delivered to me.

and by the way, ebworld.com has doom 3's release date as June 15 and gamestop does not yet have a release date, which would lead me to believe that the June date is a very fast moving target.
    FYI, Gamestop and EB are the same company, thats why they're basically the same on order timing and so forth. My brother-in-law was, until very recently, the west coast DM for Gamestop/EB/Another company I can't remember.

-Joe
    Sager 8890-V / ATI Radeon Pro 9600 / 1024 DDR400 / 60gig 7200 RPM / TV Tuner / A Big Smile.