Thread: Far Cry Ending Discussion... SPOILERS

Far Cry Ending Discussion... SPOILERS

Hi I just beat FarCry and I found the ending open to alot of speculation/interpretation for what it all means.

if you did not catch the "SPOILERS" in the topic... I will say this again, spoilers are down below...

So..... on to the ending... Do u guys remember before you kill doyle, he tries to explain himself? "Wait you cant stop them, they will continue this no matter what, its inevitable" and then carver shoots him before he can finish explaining... all of this to me is hinting at an even bigger conspiracy... like perhaps a larger force is at work here that has not truly revealed itself yet.

does anyone think that this might be the CIA or government? take the actual ending for example. when carver gives the serum to valerie she gets better and glances over at a folder filled with classified files/logs/photos labeled "Project Far Cry"... again this to me hints that she is thinking about continuing doyles work and perhaps maybe they were even 'in' on it together and carver just didnt realize it yet...

theres something spooky about all that and errie... perhaps all of this will lead up to a sequal?

what do u guys think? what are your thoughts about near the end/end

ending was kind of a let down but they sure left alot of stuff open and unanswered
    Laptop: Compal CL56 Intel Pentium M 1.7, ATI Mobility 9700 128mb, 60gb 7200rpm hd, 512mb ram
    3DMark01 Score: 11,284
    3DMark03 Score: 3,501
    AquaMark03 Score: 27,367
    MobileMark02 Score: 272 min

It looked like they put so much effort into the game that when time cae to design a nice endgame, they were crawling to to the finish line. The open ended ending is always easier to do.
    Hopefully the sequel will introduce more of the story and better voice acting.
    Voodoo PC m:360 (CL56/50) | 2.1Ghz Dothan Pentium M | 2GB Corsair PC2700 | Radeon Mobility 9700 128MB |
    | 60GB HGST 7200rpm HD | Intel PRO2200 802.11B+G | 15" SXGA+ 1400x1050 | laguna seca blue | voodoo tattoo

I thouroughly enjoyed this game. Some parts were insane hard, but overall a good job and looked excellent on my rig. I too thought it was left open for all the reasons above. Also looking for coop multiplayer as an expansion, you and a buddy going through the misisons would be great.

The ending sucked, of course they were gonna keep it open for a sequal but I played that ending over like 5 times and just wondered how could such a good game have such crappy ending and multiplayer.

Watch Your Step
    Game endings seem to be the Achilles heel of game developers. I think they are highly important to the gaming experience, but they seem to be almost an afterthought a lot of the time. Few get it right imo. To me, most are a let down. Of course, I probably couldn't do any better, so who am I to talk.

far cry?
    A c e r A s p i r e 2 0 1 2
    1.5 ghz centrino
    512mb
    60GB hd
    radeon 9700
    dvd r/w
    intel 2200 wireless