Thread: Rainbow Six 3: Ravenshield campaign is stupid

Sucky sucky..five dollah! CrabbyPatty's Avatar

Rainbow Six 3: Ravenshield campaign is stupid

Unless I am missing something, the campaign mode is moronic. No matter how many times you try a mission, someone from another color team on your side gets killed, and I mean at LEAST one. Most of the time one of the color teams gets completely wiped out and I have to restart the mission over otherwise I won't have anymore teammates left by the time I reach mission 7 or 8. The stupidity of the AI in your team penalizes the hell out of you and that's really frustrating.
    Anyone finish the campaign mode??
    Athlon 64 3000+ / Asus A8n-SLi nForce4 / Dual 6600GT SLi / 19' Samsung Flat Panel (8ms!)
    Audigy Gamer sound / Razer Diamondback 0wnage mouse / Klipsch 5.1 THX Surround
    3dmark03: 14298
    3dmark05: 6380

There's no place like 192.168.0.1

College Bound
    The entire point of single player mode is to switch BETWEEN your teams....if you're not doing that......it would be a major factor in why your teammates are dying.

I know that, but I can't be everyone at the same time. They get killed sometimes when there's nothing major going on, or when 2 times have to break in a room at the same time. Maybe my installation just sucks
    Athlon 64 3000+ / Asus A8n-SLi nForce4 / Dual 6600GT SLi / 19' Samsung Flat Panel (8ms!)

All my teammates got killed in the first 4 missions or so. That is what replacements are for. Doesn't really matter who you use, and the replacements are just as good. Personally I love this game. One of the only games that I actually played the entire single player campaign.

College Bound
    Just don't let Chavez die...........ever............'cause he's cool.

By the way, has anyone read the Tom Clancy book, Rainbow Six? It is actually pretty darn cool....read it back in 8th grade.

So there's an endless number of replacements? In that case screw those other guys, i dont care if they die

Treasurer of the Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir
    So there's an endless number of replacements? In that case screw those other guys, i dont care if they die
    I think so, but still, your point is well taken, I spent hours trying to map routes adn cover all the bases, so my team could actually complete a mission, without me....and it would never work. even if they did the same moves I did, they never reacted soon enough. Poor design in my opinion.
    .............Corrupting Minors since June 2004.

College Bound
    Friendly-A.I. has ALWAYS been the downfall of the Rainbow Six series....nevertheless, all 3 games in the series (and their expansions) still kick ass, in my opinion. And if you don't like the single player....check out the multiplayer....

Multiplayer team deathmatches absolutely ROCK. Playing Raven Shield always brings back memories of dorm vs. dorm matches during college. :banana:

Regards,

zakaluka2.

i despise the friendly A.I. in both rogue spear (only one i have) and ghost recon (thank god i didn't pay for it-dumb parents ). you have to tell them exactly what to do or else they do absolutely nothing! gahhhhhhhh! i ended up just playing with only one team in ghost recon, and it got lots more fun.