Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else notice that Painkiller SUCKS!

Did anyone else notice that Painkiller SUCKS!

After playing PainKiller for about 3 hours now, I have just realized this game SUCKS ASS.. i mean, it only took until about the 3rd level to realize that, but still.. AGGGHHH.. for all the people who thinks what im saying is sacriligous, here are some VERY good points why the game sucks..

cons Cons CONS!!
    1) 5 weapons.. come one now, Original DOOM had more than that (no i dont count secondary fire as a different gun)
    2) Repetitive villans, mindless shooting, levels only get longer cause they add more enemies..*if i only had more guns*
    3) NO CROUCHING!! WTF!!!
    4) The movies are rediculously insipid <-- That means stupid - (Cept the hot chick)
    5) Lame and "Holy" Plot
    6) Earning some cards can be damned near IMPOSSIBLE without cheats.. yeah, you try not collecting any souls after killing over 300 people, not that easy is it jerkass..
    7) I absolutely hate when they just line up like 100 people in a row to be mowed down in a tunnel or something, i fail to see a point when your shooting fish in a barrell..
    8) VERY predictable AI
    9) Most things die in one shot
    10) the "Pain/Killer" weapon looks like an eggbeater with blades on it.. and what the hell is burning an enemy when they walk in the beam?!?!?
    11) did i mention there are only 5 GUNS!

Pros:
    1) I do Like the card system, all games need Black Magic
    2) The topless chick (Who cant NOT like her)

Inbetweens:
    1) I like the massive OPEN levels for the bosses, the first on is in a giant graveyard.. hand me a paintball mod for this and it could be all kinds of fun..

For a game that was supposed to be GOOD, i think this game flops about as bad as Diakatana did..

I will complain more soon

-Evil Juggalo
    They are like powdered sugar-coated fried dough heroin cereal. I wanna load an uzi with sugar bullets and shoot myself in the tounge.

i didn't like the demo due to the goofiness of the design of the villains.... graphics are ok but somewhat dated and gameplay was average

i'd pick it up for like $14.99 or less but not at $40

i got my copy for Free99 off of kazaa.. im all for downloading software, but i will buy the ones i really like, and this will DEFINANTLY not be one of the ones i will purchase...

-Evil Juggalo
    They are like powdered sugar-coated fried dough heroin cereal. I wanna load an uzi with sugar bullets and shoot myself in the tounge.

I used to download games a lot, but then i got a trojan virus. So i have shyed away recently from game downloads.
    Interested in World War 2? Check out this.

http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=158050 (cheap laptop ideas for the artsy fartsy type)

Pants are fun
    Finished CG artwork! It may be revisited though

http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=156371

painkiller did suck..its hard to get into a game with no plot (or close enough to none)

i haven't played pain killer yet, but serious sam didn't have much of a plot either. but it was still a hell of a lot fun. reminded me of the original doom.
    Interested in World War 2? Check out this.

http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=158050 (cheap laptop ideas for the artsy fartsy type)

Pants are fun
    Finished CG artwork! It may be revisited though

http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=156371

Yeh, it's just a mindless shooting game. But some ppl do like that. Just kill and kill.

I only thought it was always to predictable. Not really scary as in quake1/2 etc were someone would like jump on you out of the dark and you fall over out of yer chair.

Finished it once (got all cards...did not find it THAT hard really... But I do had to quickload a lot on the "Do not collect any souls level") and then uninstall and throw awej.
    Keep it down to the Maximum

I said whisky not milk biotch!!! tate's Avatar
    I didn't care much for it so I gave it to my brother, I just finished Thief 3 last night and that rocked!

i dont know what you all are talking about. I think painkiller was really good (or at least from the single player demo it was). Things died in 1 hit, but thats to be expected from the amount of people you fight at once. And the boss battles are REALLY impressive and huge. Like the one boss who has a maul and he hits the ground and makes huge pieces of a stone builing fall on your head, very beutiful. Multiplayer on the other hand...HA. The only gun that everyone uses is the stake gun, which is impossible to use becuase my ping is 1000. So in short, single player good, multiplayer bad.
    - Thinking inside the box is cool!

my 5670: P4 2.66/RADEON9000 128MB/1 GIG O' RAM/40GIG HD 5400RPM
    my DESKTOP: AMD Athlon 64 3000+/Nforce 3 250 mobo/RADEON9800 128MB/512 MB O' RAM/40GIG HD 7200RPM
    Currently Playing: Star Ocean 3, CS:S, Stepmania

Sucky sucky..five dollah! CrabbyPatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by btacular
    i didn't like the demo due to the goofiness of the design of the villains.... graphics are ok but somewhat dated and gameplay was average

Yea, the graphics are sooooo dated! :rolleyes:

Athlon 64 3000+ / Asus A8n-SLi nForce4 / Dual 6600GT SLi / 19' Samsung Flat Panel (8ms!)
    Audigy Gamer sound / Razer Diamondback 0wnage mouse / Klipsch 5.1 THX Surround
    3dmark03: 14298
    3dmark05: 6380

There's no place like 192.168.0.1

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast