Page 1 of 13 12611 ... LastLast

Thread: What's so great about counter strike?

What's so great about counter strike?

Never played or seen it played. Just wondering what's so great about it? Is there a demo version around?
    Dell Inspiron 8600/1.6 GHZ/15.4" WSXGA(Samsung)/512 MB RAM/60 GB HD/128 MB Radeon 9600/I could have just spent the money on several guns instead
    :dude:

Its easy to get into and its just plain fun. I have asked myself that question many times "What's so great about counter strike?", and the best I can come up with is: Its fun. :scratch:

Well, if you are interested in Counter strike now, you're alittle late to the game. It is quite old and has shown signs of age, but has surprisingly stood the test of time.

There was such a big hoopla over counterstrike because it brought a breath of fresh air to multiplayer gaming which had a sharp contrast to the old Doom style deathmatch.

Back then it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but since its release alot of other multiplayer games have emerged which brought fun complexities that CS cannot offer. Alot of people realize now that CS has been abit 'played out', but in Half Life 2 there will be an overhauled version of Counter Strike.

Yes, its special and still is popular because it is fun. If you are wondering whats the big deal, its because it was innovative back then. But now its grown quite old.
    *The_Juggernaut* Custom Desktop Rig: Antec Performance TX640B | AMD64 3700+ Proc | Asus A8N5X nForce4 socket 939 MoBo | EVGA nVidia GeForce 7600GT 256MB DDR3 | Benq 16x DVD+R Burner w/ lightscribe & Lite-ON 16x DVD-ROM | Corsair XMS 2GB DDR Memory @ 400MHz | SB Audigy Platinum EX | Maxtor 200GB HD + WD 80GB HD | Win XP MCE 2005

word.

You know whats better than sliced bread? .........

Two pieces of sliced bread!

Quote Originally Posted by Deggs_37
    You know whats better than sliced bread? .........

Two pieces of sliced bread!
    And in between the two pieces of sliced bread, heaps of pastrami, corned beef, and turkey.
    Area 51m Conspiracy Blue :awblue:
    Pentium 4 3.0GHz
    15.4" WSXGA
    1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    60GB 7200rpm
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
    DVD/CDRW combo
    802.11 a/b/g
    Windows XP Pro
    External LG DVD+/- R/RW

Like Everquest it was the first to be there. Now both games seem real stupid in our point of view but its past was very bright.

Good lookin' gamer! Superfrappe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chez
    Like Everquest it was the first to be there. Now both games seem real stupid in our point of view but its past was very bright.
    Well put!
    ..::Superfrappe::..

Hypersonic Aviator GX7 | Omniscient Red Metallic | 3.4GHz Northwood | 1GB PC3200 DDR400 | 60GB 7200RPM 24/7 Extended Operation | ATI 9700 256MB | 4x +/- R/W DVD | 17" WSXGA+ 1680x1050 LCD | Internal 802.11b+g Turbo 108Mbps Wireless | 10/100/1000 Ethernet | Subwoofer

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    CS is just fun to play. You have to remeber though, it is 5 years old. Not to many games that came out 5 years ago are played, especially as much as CS.
    I don't know how many hours we played in Kuwait and Iraq to pass the time. Get a big LAN going when everyone was there and off duty, and play for a couple hours. Hopefully CS2 will come out sometime soon, but CS:Source starts beta testing 10 Aug and comes out whenever HL2 is released.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

.... wrong... hehe

Directly before everquest was Ultima Online. Before Ultima Online there was The Realm. Before The Realm there was Diku Mud etc etc etc....

Not trying to be an ass... but Everquest was not an original concept, try as they might to market it as that. One thing it did create as an industry standard, however, was the level grind. Thanks Verant, burn in hell!
    "Who am I? Does it matter... I know what I came to do."

Just Ordered: 7/22/04 (1 Day after the end of 16.1" LCD option)
    Area-51m2 15.4" WXGA+ Saucer Silver 3.4GHz 1GB DDR PC-3200 ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB / Hitachi 60GB 7200 RPM / 4x2x8x DVD-RW + 16x10x24x CD-RW / 12x DVD±R/W External / Wireless 802.11a/b/g / Targus Defcon Authenticator Fingerprint Scanner / Alien Adrenaline

Page 1 of 13 12611 ... LastLast