Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doom 3 System Requirements Now Posted On EBGames.com

Doom 3 System Requirements Now Posted On EBGames.com

Finally, EBGames is listing Doom3's requirements for all those of you who wonder if your system can handle it.

since idiotboy was too lazy to put the system requirements up here, i will:

System Requirements:
    Microsoft Windows 2000/XP; Pentium IV 1.5 GHz or AMD Athlon 1.7 GHz XP processor or higher; 384MB RAM; 8x Speed CD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers; 1.7GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 400MB for Windows swap file); 100% DirectXR 9.0b compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers; 100% Windows 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers; 3D hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectXR 9.0b compatible 64MB Hardware Accelerated video card and the latest drivers.

Multiplayer Requirements:
    Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported; Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers; LAN play requires network interface card and latest drivers
    I'm not gay... I like Bush

We don't take kindly to lazy people.

you tell 'em, santa.

hmm.. for some reason i disbelieve that doom 3 runs very well if at all using those minimum specs...

-Evil Juggalo
    They are like powdered sugar-coated fried dough heroin cereal. I wanna load an uzi with sugar bullets and shoot myself in the tounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Juggalo
    hmm.. for some reason i disbelieve that doom 3 runs very well if at all using those minimum specs...

-Evil Juggalo

This was taken from HardOCP:

As of this afternoon we were playing DOOM 3 on a 1.5GHz Pentium 4 box with a GeForce 4 MX440 video card and having a surprisingly good gaming experience. Even a subtle jump to an AMD 2500+ with a GeForce 3 video card that is two years old will deliver a solid gaming experience that will let you enjoy the game the way id Software designed it to be. That fact alone should let many of you know that you will not be left behind in experiencing DOOM 3.

well thats a load off my back, i thought i was gonna have to upgrade all hell to get DOOM 3 to run good.. still gonna need more RAM though.. can never have enough

-Evil Juggalo
    They are like powdered sugar-coated fried dough heroin cereal. I wanna load an uzi with sugar bullets and shoot myself in the tounge.

Quote Originally Posted by jcc2k4
    since idiotboy was too lazy to put the system requirements up here, i will:
    Geez, that's appreciation for you. I was nice and enough to let you know, and I get called Lazy? One might say that your the lazy one. How hard is it to type in ebgames.com? That's the pot calling the kettle black. "oh mommy my fingers hurt. I don't want tooooew! Whaaaa!"

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Juggalo

-Evil Juggalo
    The hands on review in PC Gamer also said that with the minimum specs, Doom 3 had great visuals and was an enjoyable experience.

Don't worry dude, you'll enjoy it.
    Area 51m Conspiracy Blue :awblue:
    Pentium 4 3.0GHz
    15.4" WSXGA
    1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    60GB 7200rpm
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
    DVD/CDRW combo
    802.11 a/b/g
    Windows XP Pro
    External LG DVD+/- R/RW

AzN
    Yea there was a screenshot of Doom 3 on a Geforce 4 mx440 and it looked good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast