Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you pre-order/plan on buying your copy of Doom3?

Where did you pre-order/plan on buying your copy of Doom3?

Guys and girls,

It is now time to order my copy of doom3 and as I am one of the unfortunate that does not have a store from which to buy it come the day of its release, I was wondering where all of you bought yours from...

I am currently debating ordering from gogamer.com or from ebgames.com

Any other stores I should think about?

check newegg. I dunno if you can pre-order from them, but they generally have very good prices on pc games. They've had farcry for $30 for some time now, and I just bought ut2004 because it too is only $29 from newegg.
    Aopen 1557 from myAopen.com
    1.6ghz banias from newegg
    512mb pc2700 memory
    60 gig 5400rpm hitachi hdd
    128mb radeon9700 mobility
    $1421.70 with shipping and testing :cheers:

I went, but it doesnt seem like they are taking pre-orders on it. :$

However, I just got a great deal on it!

For those that are in my position and wont be able to go pick it up themselves (on the 3rd), CompUSA has overnight shipping for 1 cent. :eek: This is 100% true and I was surprised myself. The total was less than 60 dollars for a copy of doom3 that will be shipped overnight on the 3rd. I should be playing it on the 4th, before noon. :headbang:

i pre-ordered mine from a Best buy store. It was cool becuase i got a little doom 3 box with some over art on it, and a neat little toy and a poster to go along with it. And it is to my knowledge that activision and best buy are close, considering that best buy will have the game first (but not any at my location ). I will be locked in my room when this game comes out, locked in it and deviod of food, uv rays, and communication.
    - Thinking inside the box is cool!

my 5670: P4 2.66/RADEON9000 128MB/1 GIG O' RAM/40GIG HD 5400RPM
    my DESKTOP: AMD Athlon 64 3000+/Nforce 3 250 mobo/RADEON9800 128MB/512 MB O' RAM/40GIG HD 7200RPM
    Currently Playing: Star Ocean 3, CS:S, Stepmania

Pre-ordered mine from EB, not the best choice out there as in terms of price but I believe the game is $54.99 everywhere? They told me it would be released on the 4th so an off day from work for me.
    Area 51m Conspiracy Blue :awblue:
    Pentium 4 3.0GHz
    15.4" WSXGA
    1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    60GB 7200rpm
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
    DVD/CDRW combo
    802.11 a/b/g
    Windows XP Pro
    External LG DVD+/- R/RW

if you preorder from gamestop.com and use the 10DOOM3 code, you will get 10% off a second game

in addition if you use the code 10DOOMHL and preorder half life 2 at the same time, then you get overnight shipping for free

all in all, not a bad deal
    iXPS P4 HT 3.4GHz (northy), Samsung 15.4" WUXGA, 1GB Dual Channel RAM, 256MB ATI 9800,
    Hitachi 60GB 7200RPM HD, NEC ND-5100A 4X DVD+RW, TrueMobile 1450 a/b/g Internal Wireless,
    TrueMobile 300 Internal Bluetooth, Win XP Pro, 6345 3DMark03

Home Built Desktop: AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1GB RAM, Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM SATA HD, NEC 8X DVD+/-RW,
    Lite-On CD/DVD, 128MB ATI 9800 Pro, Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS, Win XP Pro, NEC 17" 1760NX LCD, Black
    Cooler Master ATC201B Case, Antec 550W PS, 5887 3DMark03

I have been disappointed in my pre-ordering of that past. You don't necessarily get it before the stores do, thus, I'd recommend buying it when the stores get it. But you don't have a store handy. I heard ebgames is now doing pre-orders where you can buy it then pick it up at the store rather than have it mailed. That's another handy option. But, you don't have a store near you. Gamespot has an online store, Ebgames (lousy customer service online though, if something goes wrong). I ordered (way in advance) an already released game for a xmass gift one time and it didn't come in time for xmass. Eb could care less and offered no compensation. Walmart.com is always good. Amazon sells games. Best buy. Lot's of places. And what's up with the pewter pinky monster if you pre-order? I have no desire to get that. I want the game, but not that.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiotboy
    And what's up with the pewter pinky monster if you pre-order? I have no desire to get that. I want the game, but not that.
    You could always sell it on Ebay. C'mon, who wouldn't want a miniature version of Pinky?
    Area 51m Conspiracy Blue :awblue:
    Pentium 4 3.0GHz
    15.4" WSXGA
    1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    60GB 7200rpm
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
    DVD/CDRW combo
    802.11 a/b/g
    Windows XP Pro
    External LG DVD+/- R/RW

Quote Originally Posted by twopiece
    You could always sell it on Ebay. C'mon, who wouldn't want a miniature version of Pinky?
    You know, before I bought this cl56, which I recently aquired, I was on ebay looking at alienware notebooks. I found that 99 percent of the people selling alienware notebooks are scammers. And ebay would rather take their money to post their sludge than to go without, even at the expense of their customers. I even got my account compromised and credit card as well. Ebay sucks. Humor me and go on there and type in "alienware laptops" and check it out. Read carefully, check out the history of the seller, read the fine print, email questions, and you will find what I'm saying is true. It's not safe on ebay. I learned the hard way. Oh, I've had some legit purchases and sales, but the bigger sale items are not to be trifled with. And I'm sure that pewter Pinky would go for at least 10 grand in Japan.

um i got that pewter manacubus figurine from best buy with its reserve package. eb wouldn't let me reserve ahead of time and recieve pinky. :mad: eb is going down hill in my opinion.
    Interested in World War 2? Check out this.

http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=158050 (cheap laptop ideas for the artsy fartsy type)

Pants are fun
    Finished CG artwork! It may be revisited though

http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=156371

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast