Thread: DOOM 3 Just Crashed On My Laptop

DOOM 3 Just Crashed On My Laptop

Ok, I have been reading these forums and have heard mention as a possible solution drivers for catalyst 4.4 or Omegas. Problem is, I just play games, people, I don't know diddly about computers. What are they? Where and how do I get them. I have Compal56 1.8 Dothan, 512 Ram, 9700 Radeon. I played the entire first level fine at medium with 800 by600 resolution. Then, after I got some dudes supplies and went to take an elevator to lower level. My computer froze. I couldn't do anything. I had to take the battery out to get it to work again. My laptop was hot, could that be it? It's like 90 degrees outside and I have no air conditioning. Or is it a driver thingy? If so, where do i get this thingy and what do I do with it? Thank for your help in advance

freezing usually means heat.. try setting up a fan or something behind/Underneath your lappy... plus, that much heat can damage components.. id be careful with that if i were you.. run speedfan or something to check the temp on you processor and chipset, make sure nothin is gonna burn up... just a suggestion

-Evil Juggalo
    They are like powdered sugar-coated fried dough heroin cereal. I wanna load an uzi with sugar bullets and shoot myself in the tounge.

Thanks. Butwhat is speedfan? My fan underneath is blocked. It's a compal56 with a centrino. I guess they assumed I didn't need a fan. It pushes air out a vent but it doesn't suck air in from outside. Weird.

Notebook Neophyte
    The bottom fan is for the Cl51. The 56 doesnt need to bottom fan. Try the 4.5 omegas at www.omegadrivers.net
    Be sure to uninstall your old drivers first!
    Discountlaptops Chembook 2056 (CL56)
    1.7 Dothan/512 RAM/60 GB 5400 RPM HDD/m11

Idiot Boy, the exact same thing happened to my computer. And i mean exactly where you froze. Dont worry its not your comp or any hardware. Try downloading the second to newest drivers. http://notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=35136
    Silver 15.4 2.8 ht 512 mb 40gig 7200 9700 128mb

phase 1:7/19
    Phase 3:7/20
    phase 9:7/22
    phase14:7/26

ETA:7/30

Ok, so now the drivers won't install

My Doom 3 plays for like ten minutes then crashes, plays for 10 minutes, then freezes, plays then crashes. I downloaded new drivers but when I try to install the drivers I get the following message:

setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. Please make sure you have the required hardware or software.

What gives? Anyone know? I have cl56 1.8 dothan centrino, 512 ram, 9700 radeon mobility.