Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamespot is dumb

Gamespot is dumb

They write a doom 3 review, yet they say it's repetitive and not too scary.

They don't understand that the people who write the doom iii review, should be people who enjoy games, like the original dooms. As doom iii is allot like doom with a story, and great graphics/physics.

damn you gamespot for having an opinion!!!

I want petulant grovelling at the feet of gamemakers!!!

Sucky sucky..five dollah! CrabbyPatty's Avatar
    That review sucked and a lot of people complained. I even had to email them to make sure they knew it sucked. It was too opiniated and focused too much on ONE person's view of whats scary and what a good story should be like.
    Athlon 64 3000+ / Asus A8n-SLi nForce4 / Dual 6600GT SLi / 19' Samsung Flat Panel (8ms!)
    Audigy Gamer sound / Razer Diamondback 0wnage mouse / Klipsch 5.1 THX Surround
    3dmark03: 14298
    3dmark05: 6380

There's no place like 192.168.0.1

I tend to go with the reviews from PC Gamer. BTW, what did Gamespot give Doom 3? I assume that it didn't win an Editors Choice award?
    Area 51m Conspiracy Blue :awblue:
    Pentium 4 3.0GHz
    15.4" WSXGA
    1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    60GB 7200rpm
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
    DVD/CDRW combo
    802.11 a/b/g
    Windows XP Pro
    External LG DVD+/- R/RW

an 8.5! :eek:

i think people that review games should be bums off the street.. unbiased opinions... it seems to me that once writers settle themselves on things like MMORPG and crap like that, they give everything else worse ratings.. i mean.. shxt.. Everquest gets high ratings, and that game is RETARDED... at least doom 3 isnt gonna cost 10$ a month for the rest of your life.. i will admit, from what ive seen some stuff in the Doom 3 is repetitive, but a game that looks this good, who really fxckin cares!?!... in my book, Doom 3 Gets a 9.5... screw GameSpot...

-Evil Juggalo
    They are like powdered sugar-coated fried dough heroin cereal. I wanna load an uzi with sugar bullets and shoot myself in the tounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterlin254
    an 8.5! :eek:
    Sh1t that's low. :scratch: Was thinking they would give it a 9.3 or above.
    Area 51m Conspiracy Blue :awblue:
    Pentium 4 3.0GHz
    15.4" WSXGA
    1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    60GB 7200rpm
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
    DVD/CDRW combo
    802.11 a/b/g
    Windows XP Pro
    External LG DVD+/- R/RW

folks, what's the point of having reviewers if you only look for confiirmation of your opinion...

I mean, doesn't anyone get mad that all reviews seem to do is pump games anyway. read some reviews for games that you know stink, but they still hype them. Oh, they distinguish between top flight games and the rest, but these magazines have an active financial incentive to promote the industry.

IMHO these guys don't take games to town enough, if I wanted to read only positives, I would just read the press release.

Notebook Neophyte
    I see nothing wrong with giving Doom 3 an 8.5. It's not revolutionary in any way, and besides the pretty graphics, there's not that much stuff to it once you play through. Multiplayer options are sparse, good mods are unlikely to come anytime soon, and the graphics engine is just way too hardware intensive to display outdoor areas or multiple enemies or even enemy corpses without chugging on mid-range systems.

The physics system is no where near as good as I expected it to be; metal boxes get kicked around like nothing while coke cans won't even move when you shoot/punch them.

Yes, d3 is a good game, but it's not the end-all some people expected it to be. Good graphics don't make a good game, and the d3 game has some pretty glaring flaws for a game that spent so long in development and was touted to be the best fps of 2004. Gamespot has never taken an anti-d3 stance in their articles and 8.5 is NOT a bad rating. People, after all, are individuals and do not share the same opinions.

Just my two cents on this matter.
    Discountlaptops Chembook 2056 (CL56)
    1.7 Dothan/512 RAM/60 GB 5400 RPM HDD/m11

You don't understand this game is better than i'd expect from the hype. :rolleyes:

DON'T REPLY IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT, IT'S NOT HARDWARE INTENSIVE, YOU PLAY IT AT WHAT YOUR SYSTEM CAN HANDLE, AND YOU DON'T GET SLOW DOWN EVEN WITH 4+ ENEMY'S ON SCREEN. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast