Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a game recco.

Looking for a game recco.

I am looking for a recommendation for a game. I play some FPS's and games like that, but sometimes I don't want to drag my mouse with me and just want to relax a bit more. I am looking for a game with the following attributes:

-impressive visually
    -can be played with a touchpad
    -slow paced
    -linear storyline (I don't like getting to a point where it is not obvious what the next task will be)

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Arrived: 8/5/04

:awgrey: Area-51m - Saucer Silver - 15.4" - P4 3.4gHz - 1GB RAM - ATI Radeon 9700 - 60GB HD - WinXP Pro - AW 256MB Thumb Drive - Antec Notebook Cooler - Logitech mx510 mouse - Intel 2200BG Internal Wireless - Custom AcmeMade Carrying Case :awgrey:

Sorry mate, can't think of any!!!!!!!

MS Train Simulator
    Solitaire

Something along these lines maybe?
    Dell 9100: P4 3.2GHz, 15.4 UltraSharp Wide UXGA TFT Screen - Max 1920 x 1200, 1024 MB 400MHz DDR, 60GB HDD, Radeon 9700 128MB 8 x AGP, DVD+RW, 56kModem, 10/100 LAN, TrueMobile 1400 Wireless 802.11 a/b/g, TrueMobile 300 Bluetooth, InfaRed, 1394 Firewire.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Dell 8300: P4 2.4GHz, HP P1100 Monitor, 1.25 MB 400MHz DDR Ram, 120GB 7200rpm HDD, NVidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB, CDRW/DVD Combo, Linsksys 2.4GHz Wireless-G PCI.

Quote Originally Posted by BriA5
    I am looking for a recommendation for a game. I play some FPS's and games like that, but sometimes I don't want to drag my mouse with me and just want to relax a bit more. I am looking for a game with the following attributes:

-impressive visually
    -can be played with a touchpad
    -slow paced
    -linear storyline (I don't like getting to a point where it is not obvious what the next task will be)

Anyone have any suggestions?
    How about NeverWinter Nights? The graphics arent the best out there... but at a high resolution and with AA and AF turned on... the game should look real nice.

Mechatronics Engineer
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Neverwinter Nights (get the platinum pack if/when it comes out. has all the expansions and should be moderately priced)
    Morrowind
    ASUS M3N | 1.6gHz Centrino | 512 pc2100 ram | 60 gig 5400 rpm | 14.1 XGA | 64 Meg Integrated Video Mem | 8xDVD/24x10x24CD Combo Drive | Built in 802.11b wireless | Win XP Pro | 5+ Hours of Battery Life! :dude:

Stuff In It = Animal
    NWN and Morrowind suck, that is a fact.

If you want an RPG, grab Gothic 2 ... it looks pretty nice ... nowhere near as boring as Morrowind or as cliche as NWN. ( oh yeah, i'll take anyone in an arguement over this =P )

KotOR is pretty nice, but it's horrible optimization turns it's less than dazzling envirements and uninspired armor into a slowly chugging slideshow.

I also know you said slow paced, but the Mechwarrior games are all easily played on the keyboard if you customize the controls to match mech 2's layout ... gfx show it's age but there are tweaks and mods out there to up visual flare.
    "See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction."
    -- George W. Bush, Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

NWN is most certianly not cliche. The focus of the game is on creating an extremely easy yet versatile toolset for players to make their own modules with. Anyone who judges NWN soley on the single player game is bound to be disappointed, and anyone who simply plays the single player campaign is missing out entirely on the draw of NWN. There are many great modules and some decent persistant worlds that are available right now. Bioware has taken upon itself to support its community extremely well, including features the fanbase wanted for its next expansions. In short, if I can still qualify as being brief, NWN has many unique interesting modules, such as the semi-strategy game Good vs. Evil, or the Crypt of Riddles. If you view NWN as a whole and not simply as its main campaign, it is significantly more innovative than any other RPG around, not only by the priorities of the game designers, but by the great variety of content available to the player.

Turn based games like Civilization III are good to go without a mouse.

If you want some more action there's always Gunbound.

And of course there are emulated console games.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I am looking for something I can use on the road when i don't have a web connection as well.

I'm gonna look into what I have heard thusfar.

Keep 'em comming guys! Thanks again.
    Arrived: 8/5/04

:awgrey: Area-51m - Saucer Silver - 15.4" - P4 3.4gHz - 1GB RAM - ATI Radeon 9700 - 60GB HD - WinXP Pro - AW 256MB Thumb Drive - Antec Notebook Cooler - Logitech mx510 mouse - Intel 2200BG Internal Wireless - Custom AcmeMade Carrying Case :awgrey:

Violent Femme
    I think any kind of RPG type game would work, but I have to go with KOTOR on this one too. Anything I would have thought up has already been mentioned. Did you ever look into those micro mice which are designed with travelling in mind?

I'd vote for NWN and KOTOR. NWN was a blast for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast