Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I still CS with wi-fi?

Can I still CS with wi-fi?

Well I was wondering I can still play CS with a wi-fi connection and have a decent ping. Please help! Thank you.
    :dude:
    HP Pavilion zx5000
    - Intel Pentium 4 2.80 GHz
    - Microsoft Windows XP Home
    - 512MB DDR SDRAM
    - 60 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
    - 8X DVD Drive
    - 802.11b/g Wireless LAN
    - 15.4" WXGA (1280x800)
    - 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9600

Ordered: 07/27/04
    Arrived: 08/05/04

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    I haven't had any problems using wireless, just make sure you are getting excellent signal strength, otherwise the connection might drop.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

there shouldn’t be anything stopping you...

I brought my SENTIA laptop to class once which had a wireless connection...and booted up UT2k4 and played that in class while the professor was lecturing... you may experience a slight more lag than usual but if you change you video settings it should be able to handle it...esp. CS

Wi-Fi is faster than your average broadband. Meaning you get 0% speed loss. :awdance:

Quote Originally Posted by Sterlin254
    Wi-Fi is faster than your average broadband. Meaning you get 0% speed loss. :awdance:
    True.

Also there may not be too much of a noticeable difference when you play LAN games against 'wired' players; just be sure to maintain an excellent signal.
    *The_Juggernaut* Custom Desktop Rig: Antec Performance TX640B | AMD64 3700+ Proc | Asus A8N5X nForce4 socket 939 MoBo | EVGA nVidia GeForce 7600GT 256MB DDR3 | Benq 16x DVD+R Burner w/ lightscribe & Lite-ON 16x DVD-ROM | Corsair XMS 2GB DDR Memory @ 400MHz | SB Audigy Platinum EX | Maxtor 200GB HD + WD 80GB HD | Win XP MCE 2005

the problem of maintaining a signal is a big concern for me, as my signal would have to go through quite a few walls/1 floor in order to reach me. would this be feasible? just curious, and i always have a wired connection to fall back on.
    (Guilty) "WITHOUT ULTRA PORT GUARD 2000, HACKERS CAN STEAL YOUR CHILDREN"

There's two walls, and a kitchen to make interference with, between me and my router, yet I have a 'good' signal. :dude: And that's while using the 11MBPS speed. If I lowered it to 5.5MBPS it'd probably be 'excelent'!

Quote Originally Posted by Okle
    the problem of maintaining a signal is a big concern for me, as my signal would have to go through quite a few walls/1 floor in order to reach me. would this be feasible? just curious, and i always have a wired connection to fall back on.
    If you have difficulty in getting a good signal then you can get a signal booster. My friend said it was $30 at CompUSA, but you can get it cheaper at other places online or at MicroCenter. There is a choice between directional and omnidirectional wireless-internet antenna boosters.
    *The_Juggernaut* Custom Desktop Rig: Antec Performance TX640B | AMD64 3700+ Proc | Asus A8N5X nForce4 socket 939 MoBo | EVGA nVidia GeForce 7600GT 256MB DDR3 | Benq 16x DVD+R Burner w/ lightscribe & Lite-ON 16x DVD-ROM | Corsair XMS 2GB DDR Memory @ 400MHz | SB Audigy Platinum EX | Maxtor 200GB HD + WD 80GB HD | Win XP MCE 2005

also known as an antenna... seriously , though, what is the diff between the two? does one have to be pointed at the place where the adapter will be used?
    (Guilty) "WITHOUT ULTRA PORT GUARD 2000, HACKERS CAN STEAL YOUR CHILDREN"

i'm pretty sure directional antennas do not shoot out a signal directly straight out where the antenna is pointing... say you have the antenna pointed directly straight up, it would shoot signals 180 degrees sideways...where as the omnidirectional wireless-internet antenna shoots a signal out 360 degrees... at least this is what the guy at compUSA told me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast