Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Just got a PS3! :w00t:

Sic vis pacem para bellum Essen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurtMcGurt View Post
    AVS always has a pretty good deal usually. Everything I've bought from them has usually been 25%-28% off the MSRP. They are also pretty good at recommending the best AV gear for your budget. Just give them a call.

I'll have to check on my PSN ID. Its either Burt McGurt, Burt_McGurt. or BurtMcGurt. I'll figure it out later tonight and let you know. Right now I'm off to reserve GTA IV so I'm sure to have a copy at midnight hehe.
    Bought how specifically?

That Marantz is mighty fine, but Fuzzy I also recommend you take a look at the Denon 2808CI or the 3808CI.

Double Yummy Happy Swirl KenseiBurt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcikra View Post
    Bought how specifically?
    Not understanding the question fully. If you are asking what I've bought, then I've recently purchased my receiver and projector from them. Or if you are asking how I actually went through the process of buying from them, here is their website for their store: AV Science - Your Source For Home Theater

Those Denon receiver's are very nice and are the equal to the Marantz SR7002/8002. I was VERY close to getting the Denon 2808CI but AVS recommended the Marantz over it. They did so because they thought the Marantz sounds better ... but really I don't think one could really tell a difference and you would be happy either way. They were offering the Denon and the Marantz at the same price point.
    Last edited by KenseiBurt; 04-28-2008 at 07:30 PM.
    "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.---That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Not understanding the question fully. If you are asking what I've bought, then I've recently purchased my receiver and projector from them. Or if you are asking how I actually went through the process of buying from them, here is their website for their store: AV Science - Your Source For Home Theater

Those Denon receiver's are very nice and are the equal to the Marantz SR7002/8002. I was VERY close to getting the Denon 2808CI but AVS recommended the Marantz over it. They did so because they thought the Marantz sounds better ... but really I don't think one could really tell a difference and you would be happy either way. They were offering the Denon and the Marantz at the same price point.
    Sorry about being unclear, but yeah I've checked out that website you posted before, but all it does is take you to the manufacturers website? Hence, how did you get a good discount... from calling whom? Just curious because I'm looking into a new AVR (and some new L/R mains too). Yeah Marantz is usually known for their superior SQ, especially in the music area.

Double Yummy Happy Swirl KenseiBurt's Avatar
    AVS doesn't sell over the internet, you have to call them directly to make purchases and inquiries. They are a small time Home Theater installation company at heart thats authorized to sell the brands they have listed. Meaning that all manufacturer's warranties are honored. If they don't stock a particular model they can order it for you at your request.

Their forums are the best that I've found on the internet for AV knowledge and user reports. Their staff members participate often on the forums and so do industry leaders.
    "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.---That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

AVS doesn't sell over the internet, you have to call them directly to make purchases and inquiries. They are a small time Home Theater installation company at heart thats authorized to sell the brands they have listed. Meaning that all manufacturer's warranties are honored. If they don't stock a particular model they can order it for you at your request.

Their forums are the best that I've found on the internet for AV knowledge and user reports. Their staff members participate often on the forums and so do industry leaders.
    Ah ok, I've never ordered from AVS, but have rather just used it as a source of info for the past 4+ years. Yeah they own like a jack bauer ninja

Did you happen to call someone named David?

Yeah Burt was talking about the Denon Receiver as well - I have more experience with Marantz actually, from all the time i've worked in various A/V depts - from what I remember Burt telling me the Marantz sounded like something more according to my needs for home theater, but heck, if the Denon was a lot cheaper i'd.. well, probably have to go with Denon! But so far i'm overly impressed with the Marantz that Burt has.

-- btw, on a side note... whats the typical down-load speed from the PS Network? I changed a few settings to make sure that my PS3 was connected to my home network at 100/full-duplex and it seems that I DL at about 100-120kbps... that normal.. slow.... any ideas? 120kbps is pretty slow for me I suppose (i'd be much more pleased with 200+kbps) but didn't know if that was typical or not
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Shit happens for a reason. GODSPEED1600M's Avatar

Re: Just got a PS3! :w00t:

ps3 owners, any comments on the upcoming black ops? i heard something about different developers from the makers of MW2?

(my ingame nick is GODSPEED-1600M)

Re: Just got a PS3! :w00t:

wouldnt get it on ps3 anyway but im gonna pass on this next CoD franchise even on PC. MW2 soured alot of people's opinion of that series.

Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz - GeForce GTX 670 - ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo - CORSAIR DDR3 6GB RAM - Antec 900 Case - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W PS - Razer Mamba/Anasi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23