Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PS Vita

Re: PS Vita

Gorilla glass is great schtuff, but I've seen it scratch (and break), so, I'd think a screen protector would be logical.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Nein on the gorilla glass. Vita uses some sort of plastic/polymer cover. Seems to be quite durable from what I read.

Contemplating getting one of these. It's a cool piece of hardware, but I'm afraid it'll end up like the psp... No games interesting enough to get onboard.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Sic vis pacem para bellum Essen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Contemplating getting one of these. It's a cool piece of hardware, but I'm afraid it'll end up like the psp... No games interesting enough to get onboard.

I got one for black friday (awesome lightning deal at Amazon), and I mostly agree with your thoughts. There needs to be more AAA games. I haven't bought a single one yet, 5 were free (a couple big titles too), and one came with the bundle. I'm going to rent the remaining interesting titles I find interesting via Gamefly. I got the 32gb card with it so I don't have to worry about storage (also on a nice sale during black friday).

I find it perfect for the random 1-2 hour gaming sessions. I save my PS3 for the longer marathons of big titles.

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Essen View Post
    I got one for black friday (awesome lightning deal at Amazon), and I mostly agree with your thoughts. There needs to be more AAA games. I haven't bought a single one yet, 5 were free (a couple big titles too), and one came with the bundle. I'm going to rent the remaining interesting titles I find interesting via Gamefly. I got the 32gb card with it so I don't have to worry about storage (also on a nice sale during black friday).

I find it perfect for the random 1-2 hour gaming sessions. I save my PS3 for the longer marathons of big titles.
    I got a Vita about the time that they came out (and then sold it soon after lol). I really like the hardware, but there weren't (and still aren't) any great games for it. The system is powerful enough to get console level games but the new Assassins Creed and Call of Duty were both flops and the only game I ended up spending time with was Hot Shots Golf.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

I bought a Vita primarily for the AC game. I enjoyed that game, along with Uncharted. I really haven't seen much else out.

As it stands, it's not being used much. It's likely to either be sold or dropped in the drawer with all the other electronics that are rarely used. Which would be a shame, since the system has a lot of potential and the horsepower to make some amazing games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12