Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PS Vita

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

PS Vita

I know no one is really talking about it, but it's here now.

Honestly, I thought that dedicated portable gaming had reached its summit and was on the way down. It still may be. But after a few years of playing mobile games on a phone, you realize that its a shitty compromise of convenience and gameplay, with gameplay suffering greatly in return for having games on your phone.

While I'm not a PS3 user, I thought the PSP was a fantastic product and I'm glad the Vita exists, though I'm hoping (in vain, I'm sure) that Microsoft will see some success and create the long-awaited xbox mobile player.

It looks like the browser isn't so great, though, and you have to buy Sony's memory card just to use the system (not included), so you're over $300 just to get into this thing. I love the screen, just like I loved the PSP screen, will be great for multimedia. But do I have $300 (plus $30/game) to burn? prob not.

Re: PS Vita

I picked one up today. More on it later.
    Tulkas likes this.

The integration with the Playstation Network is great.
    Gantua likes this.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

So far so good. PS store is awesome with the selection of psp games available. So far the netflix app is having some issues but other than that everything else is working fine. Tons of psp games to choose from and soon PS1 games will be available. The screen is awesome and I really enjoy the extra real estate over my phone.

I have a few issues with portable gaming consoles. One is that its something else to carry. Two most of the time when you want to play a game you are near bigger screens where you can get a better experience. Three most of the games on these portable consoles are just lesser versions of the their big brothers on the big boy console. With the exception of the Nintendo DS stuff which hopefully the developers will handle as more titles are created.

1) Maybe they could integrate a phone into it (waits for Coffee Rage™) and then you'll have one less to carry.

2) I totally disagree with. On a plane, in a car, at some family function, camping, waiting somewhere like a doctors office, there's plenty of places where this or a phone is your only real option.

3) One of the advantages of the Vita is there are games that you can start on the PS3, log out, and when you log into the Vita, continue playing.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

I really anticipate this thing moving heavily towards the app side of things. Right now Im trying to kill the battery which is a chore in itself due to the sleep functions. There may be a way to turn them off but, I haven't found it yet. As of now the longest time out period is 5 mins before it goes to sleep.

I saw a demo one at best buy,the touch screen feature really seemed to work well.

My only concern is the psp screen would scratch just by looking at it ...lol.
    Hopefully they made the vitas screen more durable.

Bought a screen protector for mine. Been there done that.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

i just assumed they'd use Gorilla Glass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast