Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2348 ... LastLast

Thread: Straferight NCAA Tournament Time!

True, but unfortunately the rankings mean nothing to the selection committee.

I absolutely agree they belong in the tourney, but I'm just saying they lost quite a few games they really should have won pretty easy.

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShark View Post
    OK state and Wichita St were both nationally ranked at the time the Orange played them.

I think it's ridiculous - it's obvious the Orange are a better team than 25 or so of the teams in the tourney.
    Right... but where did they lose them at? AT HOME.

No to mention a loss @ Conn, Villanova, and Drexel (the other odd team out) and only 1 win in their conference tourney. Combine that with not the hardest non-conference scedule (every game but 1 at home, and the only away was Canisus)

My teams to make the National Championship are Georgetown and Oregon. I know I picked a local team, but look at their wins...

@ Georgetown, Arizona (then ranked) Wash St. and USC
    at home vs UCLA, Wash St.

If they can play like they did against USC in the Pac-10 tourney then they'll be unstoppable.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    Georgetown has a relatively easy road to the sweet 16, but will lose there to whoever comes out, whether UNC, Marquette, USC, or Texas. (I think Texas).

Im going to pick the teams based on mascots

Tournament Challenge is now live! make your pics!

Can we edit once we submitted I cant find the ****ing rules >.<

yeah, you can edit later

notes: (Coffee has the balls to publish this up front!)

Memphis is good, but were outclassed in the 3 games they lost against the top20, losing easily to Ga. tech, tennessee, and arizona. a good team, but one that might get upset early, but might also make it to meet Ohio State. If they get by Texas A&M, a really good team no one seems to be talking about. Texas A&M v. Ohio State would be sweet.

Ohio State may meet a tough school in Tennessee. They shoot well and press like mothers. I still have Ohio St. winning, but it's going to be close, and Tennessee could go to the final 4.

North Carolina won't be in the final 8, nor will Duke. Out of the ACC, Maryland prob has the best chance, if they can avoid a complete meltdown in the first round and can play well against Florida. Virginia has a really tough bracket and I don't see them coming out.

Georgetown is also out by 8, if not 16. They won't beat the winner of the other side of the bracket, if they can beat Texas Tech.

Kansas seems to have an easy way to 8, where they'll prob meet UCLA.

Florida has to meet Arizona and Maryland before they even get to 8, and I think whoever meets them there, if at all, will find a tired team. The bottom of the Midwest bracket is wide open, but I think the top is also wide open, because Florida isn't a lock. Oregon could easily find themselves in the elite 8 and beating Florida for the final 4.

Everyone on TV seems to be forgetting the #3 seeds. Bad idea!
    Last edited by CoffeeShark; 03-12-2007 at 12:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Florida FTB2BW (For The Back 2 Back Win)

Take a bite outta bf2
    i got north carolina and everyone seems to be forgeting how great defensively and offensively wisconsin really is....i know i said ucla vs north carolina but i got Wisconsin vs Carolina FTW!!!!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2348 ... LastLast