Page 2 of 234 FirstFirst 123712 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: New Guns and Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by dcikra View Post
    yeah cause mt vernon is the hood
    Duke is the gangsta one. I need protection from him.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShark View Post
    rofl we're all 69 at heart

Blog Entries
    The MR223 and HK416

This is the HK MR223 which is a civilian version of the HK416. Obviously it has no capability of full auto fire with the components that are in it. Interestingly HK moved the rear take down pin 6mm forward to prevent a MR223 upper to be attached to a normal AR lower or the MR223 lower to be attached to a normal AR upper. This was probably designed to prevent people from installing it on a full auto weapon.

As well the MR223 was designed to be chambered for .223 Remington not the 5.56mm NATO round. You say, "They're the same thing!" However .223 Remington is typically found in a 55 grain round where as 5.56mm NATO is at 62 grain round. The difference isn't great but you will find a much more accurate rifle when using a regular AR with 5.56mm NATO than .223 Remington. Since .223 Remington is more common to the general public than 5.56mm NATO it was decided by HK to chamber it for .223 Remington, however it is still possible to fire 5.56mm NATO from the MR223.

The big rant and rave about these rifles is the piston system that makes the HK416 and MR223 much more reliable than it's AR predecessors. The AR rifles have a gas system that tends to build up heat and carbon build up in the chamber allowing the rifle to get dirty, jam, or have a round cooking off in the chamber and when using suppressors some of that gas and carbon goes into the users face. The piston system sends no gas to the bolt keeping the chamber clean, cool, and no gas in your face! Since this new development from HK there have been copies.

Bushmaster released they're version of the piston system.

Their system has not yet been tested.

The MR223 Features:
    - Free floating 16.5'' Chrome lined barrel chambered in .223 Remington
    - Ambidextrous selector
    - Rubber grip
    - Plastic dust cover
    - Flat top
    - Free floating quad rail

Price tag: $4200

That's all for now, still not a lot is known about the rifle since there is not a US version. The version above is a German version. It's not even certain the US will get to see the MR223 get imported to the US yet.

Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

to only have $5gs to drop on some nice guns...
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

I don't think the H&K's are available for us regular citizens right? only LEO's the last time I checked

sucks, but not that I have that kind of money anyway for an "upper"

Blog Entries
    There are several HK pistols and rifles for civilians on the market.
    Edited by Teck:

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

hey bojingles can you reply to my first post in this thread?

thanks =D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yang88She View Post
    Hmm I always wanted a "BR" =P

do you ship to an FFL? and is there a sR "homie hookup?" haha

I've been debating getting another Sig ie. 556 or go w/ an AR set up (Colt, RRA, or Bushmaster)

I have a preference for Sig, although H&K USP's .45 are in my future (The trigger to me is a little spongy, but I'm spoiled from SAO X5)
    The Sig 556 is a great rifle but it lacks decent sights so you would have to get a Leupold, Aimpoint, Trijicon, or Eotech (if you wanna be cool), otherwise you could go with a BSA or Bushnell :rolleyes:

We have a used SIG556 for just a little above $1000, funny thing is the guy bought it never shot it and brought it back. I would go for a AR set up since they're easy to find parts for and accessories. I would also go the RRA route since currently they make the best stuff for the money. Bushmaster is also an excellent brand though. Just stay away from Olympic Arms lol. Colt is getting really hard to get products from and they're way over priced. We only have one Colt in our shop and it's the standard A2 with a 16" pencil barrel.

I don't know if the owner would like us shipping it to an FFL or not. Unfortunatly since I'm not the guy with the FFL, the owner is, I can't get you the sR homie hook up. I will be getting a FFL in the future though! Looking to get a Class III in the future so full autos ftw.

If you're really interested I will let you know the exact price and see if we can ship it to a local FFL.
    Edited by Teck:

yes please let me know $$$ b/c I really like the foregrip design, since it has the flexibility of a quad rail & smooth grip =D

Gotta get an AR just in case "the liberals" take over =(

Blog Entries
    You could always buy a few stripped lowers if the liberals take over and start that stupid ban bs again. That way you can use those to build a pre-ban AR. I might buy a few lowers just so I can do that. I'll let you know something on that SIG and we can figure out how to get the finances settled and the shipping to an FFL. I was gonna say make sure you can have this in your state, but Georgia is like Texas, lol.
    Edited by Teck:

Quote Originally Posted by Bojingles View Post
    I was gonna say make sure you can have this in your state, but Georgia is like Texas, lol.
    hell yeah!

So Glad I moved back after a brief 3 yr "party period" in La La-Kalifornia

Page 2 of 234 FirstFirst 123712 ... LastLast