Thread: New Game from the makers of Rise of Nations

New Game from the makers of Rise of Nations

I happened across this last night somehow... I had no clue this was even in the works./http://www.riseoflegends.com/

Their is a demo available little bit different than rise of nations but looks like it might be worthwhile to those hardcore RTS'ers:thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Gantua
    I happened across this last night somehow... I had no clue this was even in the works./http://www.riseoflegends.com/

Their is a demo available little bit different than rise of nations but looks like it might be worthwhile to those hardcore RTS'ers:thumbup:
    On the contrary, I consider myself quite a hardcore RTS'er, and I found this demo to be simplistic at best. Unless there's some serious improvements made, Rise of Nations will remain on my HD whereas Rise of Legends will be quickly removed.

It would be seriously difficult to match the depth and replayability of Rise of Nations. Decided to almost entirely scrap the complexity of the original, RoL simplifies the strategic process. Elements of the turn based strategy that made RoN so famous and intriguing are all but removed from it's spiritual successor.

Maybe once the retail is out I'll give it another glance, but currently this game is on the dissapointment list for me.

pwned...
    Sounds like it has a bit of a Syberia flare to it with all the clockwork, mechanical stuff goin on.... interesting none the less. Always in search of a good RTS
    You just got FANDANGOWNED

I played the demo a few times. No different than any other RTS. Harvest, spend, conquor. A few nifty boss type units but other than that SOS. :$ :closedeye