Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 381213141823 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Tanks - Open Beta

Colombia [CO]
    Tao

Re: World of Tanks - Open Beta

has anyone created a "how to not suck" guide?

i'd be all over that

let others go first. while they are busy fighting, shoot the enemy as he's distracted. this works best if you're in the brush

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

read this thread, it has most of it there

finally got my medium tank. and I thought this game was difficult before

Blog Entries

I'd be fine if the game didn't put me in with all the damn heavies. The PzKpfw III Ausf. A is still a light tank and I'm finding myself with PzKpfw IV, M4 Shermans, and StuG IIIs.... WTF mate.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

that's how it goes. just work with it

She has her G-string tuned to A Gargs's Avatar

I've been having a blast with this game. A lot of fun and I love how the same map never plays out the same way.

Some tips I've learned that I have not seen discussed...

1. @Tao- So you got your M5 light tank blown up 30sec into a map? Exit the battle, select another tank from your garage, then join another battle. When the map that your shit-canned M5 is in ends, you will get deposited all credits and experience for its battle... even though you are in another battle in a different tank! This speeds up credits/exp earned.

As long as you have enough tanks in your garage, you should never be stuck waiting for a game to end.

2. Pay the credits and train your crew to, at least, 75% starting with commander, then gunner, etc. The stats given for any tank are the ideal values assuming all crew are trained to 100%.

3. The amount of credits/exp. earned is not only based on win or lose, but also if your tank survived and if any crew members are wounded/killed.

4. Always train up the commander first- he gives a 10% of his own exp as bonus to the rest of the tank. ex- Commander and gunner both @ 75%, but gunner's effective is really (75 + 8) = 83%. The bonus is canceled if the commander is hurt or killed. With this bonus, crew members can be able to operate >100%.

5. Concerning transfers...

Quote Originally Posted by WOT forums
    The final experience level for a tanker that is trained through either is as follows:

Regimental School

o If the tanker is retraining to a vehicle of the same class, then the final experience is 90% of the tanker's current experience level.
    o If the tanker is retraining to a vehicle of a different class, then the final experience is 80% of the tanker's current experience level.
    o For both scenarios, the minimum final experience is at 75%, meaning that retraining through Regimental School will guarantee that the tanker is at least at 75% experience

Rapid Courses

* If the tanker is retraining to a vehicle of the same class, then the final experience is 80% of the tanker's current experience level.
    * If the tanker is retraining to a vehicle of a different class, then the final experience is 60% of the tanker's current experience level.
    * For both scenarios, the minimum final experience is at 50%, meaning that retraining through Rapid Courses will guarantee that the tanker is at least at 50% experience

Note that any crew member can operate any vehicle from their country, but will take a penalty to their effectiveness. If a tanker is in a vehicle of the same class (but not in their own vehicle), they will take a 25% penalty. If a tanker is in a vehicle of a different class, they will take a 50% penalty.

6. Skills trained by crews are stackable and are transferable when the crew member transfers.

7. Training is logarithmic, it takes longer to go from 90%->100% than it would 50%->60%. Consensus on the WOT forums says about 50 or so battles to grind to 100% w/o training.

* For more indepth info on crews: [FAQ] Crew - World of Tanks official forum

Main station: Intel i7-920 2.66GHz@3.2GHz, 12GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, Barracuda 3x1TGB, Antec 750W PSU, 2x eVGA 460-GTX 1GB SLI, Thermaltake V1-AX, Cooler Master CM Storm

Peripherals: 2x Samsung 25" WS LED, Cooler Master Sirus Headset, Logitech G110, Saitek X52 Hotas, Saitek Pro Rudders, 2x Thrustmaster F16 MFD, Track IR3, Nostromo n52, Logitech G700, Wacom Intuos3 Tablet (6x8)

Colombia [CO]
    Tao

thats awesome gargs.

now i can build a three or four tank rotation

yeah, no kidding, had no idea. sigh.

I was semi aware of that. I have all 4 of my soviet tanks.. sold either the american or german tier 1 to make room, can't remember right now. but yeah, I knew you got the credits, but wasn't sure if you got the experience too by jumping out after being destroyed. (I even popped out early while capping the enemy - was a sure thing. got taken out by the last guy alive though, oops) It can get kind of fatiguing to jump in and out like that though, you tend to rush right into the fray at the opening of the next battle. gotta work on that

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 381213141823 ... LastLast