Germany [DE]
    UI

Re: California taxes internet sales, Amazon reacts immediately

Ha!

Considering hibernation ohmigosh's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teck View Post
    Mostly the weather... Look, I've yet to find anywhere else I could live that I could have less than 22 days a year of "bad weather"---I.E., Days that are NOT sunny.
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    says the guy who lives inside the webserver
    lol
    "Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual."

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

the irony was Vega ripping on someone else for stepping outside

riiiiiiiiiiiight

Mostly the weather... Look, I've yet to find anywhere else I could live that I could have less than 22 days a year of "bad weather"---I.E., Days that are NOT sunny.
    So what you're saying is that a few less days of clouds is worth $50K?

not sure what you're lookin' for - Colorado gets over 300 days of sunshine a year. oh, and really not much humidity. and there's seasons. and everybody from Texas and California have been moving there for decades. heh!
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

I've mentioned this before- these laws are unconstitutional. And I find it impossible that I am the only one to know this.

Quote Originally Posted by United States Constitution
    Section 9 (5). No tax or duty shall be laid on articles exported from any state.
    This is a critical component to the Constitution. The section was added because southern states feared the new government would levy huge taxes on the goods they produced. It's also important to note that this clause pertains to both interstate sales and international sales. So, if you sell something in California to someone in New York or New Deli, it CANNOT be taxed. State law here cannot supersede federal law.

I'm sure someone, somewhere will have the financial resources to challenge this and see it through all the appeals... perhaps all the way to the Supreme Court. Perhaps it will be Amazon. Let's face it, all eyes are watching this now and if it sticks, you can bet New York will be the next to follow suit.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Speedde423 View Post
    So what you're saying is that a few less days of clouds is worth $50K?
    Well, there's that... Then its warmer and I get very little snow (typically)... Then I'm already here and working in a Non-IT industry (which I am liking)... I've already started the process to finish my CSE degree... And I'm waiting on the Yes/No of the next stage of my DWP in California.

If I can get my DWP (Dangerious Weapons Permit) approved in CA, then 6mo later I'm good to move to NV and can continue my Life between the two states. If my DWP is not approved then I'll probably move almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogik View Post
    not sure what you're lookin' for - Colorado gets over 300 days of sunshine a year. oh, and really not much humidity. and there's seasons. and everybody from Texas and California have been moving there for decades. heh!
    I'm leaning more towards Nevada (In fact I've been regularly looking for a place in NV for a while near the NV/CA boarder... I'm looking to buy this time, and I want to get the right place for me.

But, I dont like the quick weather changes in CO... I dont like the snow... I dont like the cold (I'm Latino okay)...

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    I've mentioned this before- these laws are unconstitutional. And I find it impossible that I am the only one to know this.

This is a critical component to the Constitution. The section was added because southern states feared the new government would levy huge taxes on the goods they produced. It's also important to note that this clause pertains to both interstate sales and international sales. So, if you sell something in California to someone in New York or New Deli, it CANNOT be taxed. State law here cannot supersede federal law.

I'm sure someone, somewhere will have the financial resources to challenge this and see it through all the appeals... perhaps all the way to the Supreme Court. Perhaps it will be Amazon. Let's face it, all eyes are watching this now and if it sticks, you can bet New York will be the next to follow suit.
    I know, but there are a whole ton of CA Laws that are regularly being challenged and overturned. Hell, even my Lawyer say's they cant do stuff like this legally... But, Unless I want to be his next test case and get arrested OR I have a metric shit ton of cash to throw at it... There's little that can be done for now.

Bottom line, California Lawmakers have a long standing history of writing and passing illegal and unconstitutional laws. This is no different, this is nothing new...
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

... But, I dont like the quick weather changes in CO... I dont like the snow... I dont like the cold (I'm Latino okay)...
    hehe - well, as the saying goes if you don't like the weather just wait a few minutes. I like seasons... once summer is nearing it's end, i'm ready for fall and winter... and same for that and summer.

--

when i lived in NorCal I didn't realize all the stipulations for those taxes. No wonder everything was so dang expensive. Was happy to leave there when i no longer got charged taxes like that for buying stuff from NewEgg and such :P The middle class moving out of CA might happen faster than we thought.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

I was THIS close to moving out to CA a few years ago... until I looked at all the costs. Even then, people were leaving, while at the same time virtually pandering to illegals to move in. It just didn't make sense to live there.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast