Page 272 of 273 FirstFirst ... 262267271272273 LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 2727
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Ye Olde Coffee Environmental Thread

Re: Ye Olde Coffee Environmental Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogik View Post
    I normally just chuckle and ignore stuff not happening where I live but apparently it's a growing trend.

Now, nothing wrong in reducing waste and it should be a common sense thing to do. I do it myself. We probably toss 1/3 of what I used to when we started to recycle... but we only do that because my wifes work lets us recycle it there so we don't have to pay for it. Anyways!

So - places banning plastic straws. Not recyclable unfortunately. the... biodegradable straws suck (lol) you have to use them fairly quickly before its like trying to suck something through a wet piece of paper. and they're like.. 8x more expensive. Reusable straws work... for a while. then they're impossible to clean so you toss them any way - might be a better way to go since those might actually be recyclable if you actually recycle it. So anyways, straws being banned. Based on reports from major newspapers, which are based on a report from a recycler, which is based on research from a 9 year old... which is based on estimates from straw manufacturers that were ...surveyed...? (though, I can't actually find the specific research, just comments on it). I'm sure showing that we use 500,000,000 straws a day (that's... 182 billion straws used in a year in the USA. The environmental groups that the kid talked to think this is a low number) at an average of 1.6 straws a day per person.

Starbucks new lid, thankfully is recyclable, uses more plastic than the straw they banned. So... using more plastic... is a way to reduce plastic.

I don't mind using cups at home/family/friends without straws (since I know how clean they are - really almost never use them, but that's me), but if I go out to eat someplace. yeah... straw as much as possible. At least I know those are sanitary - you gamble on everything else :P (I know full well, got Mono my senior year in College from the cafeteria. that was fun).

*sigh*
    Starbucks is making unforced error after error.

And, the same nonsense happened with grocery store bags. For a hundred years, paper bags were fine. Then we had to save the TREEEEES! So, we got plastic bags. Then recyclable plastic bags. Then recycled plastic bags that were recyclable. Now, they're bad. Plastic BAAAAD. They want you to use those gay cloth satchels. Oh yes, please put that dripping package of raw chicken in with my fresh produce. Salmonella be damned, we have to worry about ocean fish...or something.

The zombie apocalypse can't come fast enough. The world needs a reboot into safe mode.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

You're making your way to Bond villain

I offered the world ORDER!!!

lol!
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

I'm surprised they didn't just recommend we teach certain aqauatic life to not ram the straws into their heads.
    DennyCrane likes this.

Well, the feminists say we need to teach men not to rape.

So... the colonization of America caused the little ice age in Europe. White people to blame again.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...climate-change
    OD-BLOODED-1 likes this.

So it follows that global warming is caused by the excess of liberal flatulence, thank god they are full of hot air as it's turned the cold spell around.

Also, I hear Hillary and Obama smell like sulfur.
    Intel 8600k 6 core i5 @4.3Ghz, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 Mobo , 16GB G.Skill 3200MHz Ripjaws, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Gaming ICX 11GB, EVGA Supernova G2 750w Gold, BenQ 32" 1440p 4ms LCD, Corsair Sabre RGB, Corsair K70 Lux, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Corsair Graphite 780t

Hey Hey now - what they're really saying is that to save the planet... they really just have to work at killing millions of people and let farm land and plants and stuff suck up the C02 and things! Simple problem with a simple solution really. I mean, it only makes sense!
    OD-BLOODED-1 likes this.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Well, and ORANGE MAN BAD.