Page 2 of 423 FirstFirst 123712 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: It's The Economy, Nubtard!

As the Euro drops... and the dollar rises... good call, LeBeau's
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Filed under: WTF Are We Even Thinking About This?
    We have Washington considering bailouts for FOREIGN BANKS who happen to also do business within the United States. This is disaster. It is a massive redistribution of wealth and it is interference with a normal economic correction. Apparently adding ONE TRILLION DOLLARS to our national debt wasn't enough. Pay close attention to this one.
    Exclusive: Foreign banks may get help - Mike Allen - Politico.com

this whole thing is also teaching businesses that it's OK to be careless with people's money, because hey, the government will bail you out! this is not really how our economy is supposed to work.. I am very worried

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    I was flipping through channels during a commercial in the football game and saw Barrack Obama. So I saw how long it would take before he said something I didn't think was right... and he said that we are in a Recession.

I lol'd.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Democrats feel we're in a recession, and their messiah said so... must be true!
    ~
    Edit: I'm going to LMFAO for real when the last 2 quarters of '08 show solid economic growth.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    The party-line voting AGAINST regulation a few years ago is what allowed the FannieMae/FreddieMac scandal. So when a certain party's presidential candidate starts busting on the other candidate, remember who voted more regulation down.

Bloomberg.com: News

now, don't get me wrong, I'M not for more regulation. I think there should be as little as possible. But the blame game should be correct, at least.

Bad regulation is a problem. Glass-Steagal was good regulation and Gramm/Clinton removed it. New regulations, like the federal government determining the payscales for private industry, is bad. The government becoming Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and now being mortgage holders is bad.
    How about some regulation of the predatory "Bear Raiders" on Wallstreet? How about eliminating all the threats against lenders to loan money to the poor or else? Carter pulled this crap, Clinton pulled it, and it's still happening. I don't care if it's a sears card or a mortgage on a 2 million dollar home.... if you have bad credit, or low income, you're probably not going to be able to make your payments. STOP LENDING THEM MONEY.

but that would be common sense. we all know how well that works.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Dems Want Pay Limits, Loan Aid in Wall Street Bailout

how much you want to bet... that the dems will get the thing rejected... and then they'll say that republican's aren't for capping the max amount that the heads of these orgs can make if they're bailed out?

Doesn't that mean.. oh hey! we'll do it again in the future! and what the heck... setting aside money to help those that can't pay their loans in the future? I'm with the common sense people. Just don't give them the freaking loans in the first place.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

I am just going to move to Canada where they seem worry less or go live with family in Thailand and live comfortably!

Page 2 of 423 FirstFirst 123712 ... LastLast