Page 1 of 27 12611 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel And Hamas Square Off Again In Gaza

Israel And Hamas Square Off Again In Gaza

Israel vows to keep up Gaza attacks through the night - CNN.com

Israeli airstrikes pounded Hamas-ruled Gaza on Saturday, killing at least 225 and injuring 400, in what Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said was a response to escalating rocket attacks against Israel.

Yet Hamas blamed Israel for the artillery exchange, accusing it of violating a cease-fire intended to stem violence in the region.

Barak said the Israeli attacks would continue as long as necessary until Hamas militants were ready to "change their behavior."

"This will not be a short operation. The war on terrorism is an ongoing one, and we will have to stand firm in order to change the situation in the south," Barak said Saturday, one day after an Egypt-brokered cease-fire between Hamas and Israel expired.
    Here we go again...

Neither side seems to care if they hit military or civilian targets. Savages the lot of them.

My nation pwns yours mwahahaha Sergeant_assist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    yep, what round is this again?
    What is wrong is always better than what is right, for its the wrong that forces change.

Hamas attacks civilian targets. Israel attacks Hamas military targets... and you have to read over 20 paragraphs in to learn that fact. And they try to cast doubt, too

Failed yellow journalism at its worst. CNN sucks.

Here's a little more of a fact-based news story
    My Way News - Israeli assault on Hamas kills more than 200
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Both sides have been butchering each other for what? 2000 years? It just keeps going.

Mostly since the end of WWII when the UN split Palestine in 2 and created Israel. The muslim neighbors immediately attacked.

Meh. This is just the most recent occurrence of their butchering. We act like it's important because it's happening in our lifetime. These people have hated each other for two millennia. They don’t want peace with each other, they want each other annihilated.

Israel just wants a homeland. Their attacks are never in the form of their enemies, that being random missile attacks on civilian population centers, suicide bombers, attacks on schools, hospitals, etc. You attack Israel, Israel attacks your military targets.

Of course there will be collateral civilian casualties... that article I posted said from over 200 dead, 5 civilians. Compare that to the United States attack on Dresden, Germany in WWII. And Our attack was 100% justified. There's no moral relativism in Israel Vs Hamas. No moral equivalency. Israel is a bona fide nation with the right to defend itself. This may take the form of retaliatory strikes against Hamas missile sites, it may be preemptive strikes on the tunnels used to sneak across the borders from Gaza.

Trust me, if Mexico started lobbing missiles into San Diego, we'd be strafing their military sites into the ground.

That "homeland" has changed hands many times over the ages and it will continue to for the foreseeable future. Who has the right claim to the land? Maybe both, maybe neither.

History has proven that sovereignty has more to do with how many weapons you have then some sort of ideological claim to a piece of land. Right now Israel has more - and they have support from the US. Just ask the American Indians. Let me know what you do when they start firing rockets at San Diego.

I'll say it again, we act like this is important because it's happening in our lifetime, when the truth is this is just the continuation of a conflict which started looong ago. I don't view either side with any more or less legitimacy than the other. Neither side is innocent. If that's an unpopular opinion, well, oh well.

I just feel it's an inaccurate opinion and one popular in the leftist media. Israel is defensive, their muslim neighbors are offensive.

Page 1 of 27 12611 ... LastLast