Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123712 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obama See I Told You So Thread

its not that the world is falling down around him, its the way he's appointing these complete idiots to key spots AND letting them fuck up so badly. Obama needs to slap a bitch up to make the rest of them fall into line... starting with the speaker of the hizzy

To Zion goes I... Shan/KenDoRin's Avatar
    Pelosi? Oh, so you meant literally slap a bitch.

C wut ai did der?

I agree with Craig. He was nice and pissed at Geithner. He needs take that kind of a strict stance with everyone who tries and control him or undermine him.

"Do not let anyone look down upon you because you are young, but be an example for the believers in your speech, your conduct, your love, your faith, your purity." (1 Tim. 4:12)
    XPS M1530|Intel Core Duo T7250 2GHz|3 GB RAM|200 GB SATA 7200 RPM|NVIDIA GeForce 8600M

i'm not one of the 'i want him to fail' people... but i do think that he needs to start acting like a chief executive and not a rockstar. CEO's scream, yell, throw shit, motivate, direct, delegate, ect... he seems like he's just sitting back and letting things happen and then dealing with the fallout. he has a bit of micromanaging to do at this point (though not forever).

slowly Craig is coming towards the light

i have always had a clear vision. i just dont agree with some of you on the hard right bullshit. AIG bonuses were wrong and should be gotten back however needs be regardless of who let them happen in the first place. so you wont change my mind on that one even though obama and gayther (har) were responsible largely for that happening anyway.

i just dont see leadership at this point and its disappointing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    i have always had a clear vision. i just dont agree with some of you on the hard right bullshit. AIG bonuses were wrong and should be gotten back however needs be regardless of who let them happen in the first place. so you wont change my mind on that one even though obama and gayther (har) were responsible largely for that happening anyway.

i just dont see leadership at this point and its disappointing to me.
    No one wanted the AG bonuses to go through. The problem is, 2 times, AIG received federal funds (taxpayer dollars) with no stipulation about the bonuses. And the last time, Chris Dodd under direction from the White House specifically allowed the bonuses to go through.

The after the fact 90% tax is unconstitutional. Section 1, article 9, no Bill of Attainder or Ex Post Facto laws shall be made. The Constitution doesn't say much about what Congress may not do, it basically outlines what it can. Section 1, article 9, however specifically states these are powers forbidden to Congress.

What should have been done was require AIG to go into bankruptsy, thus rendering all contracts void. Then they could have been restructured with no retention bonuses.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Yes to all that.

Well, Obama has pretty done the opposite of all of that. either you want that type of "leadership" to fail, or you don't. that's pretty much the core of that sentiment. People seem to think that because some of their money has been given to a private company that the masses get to dictate how things work. no. we can't do that with public companies. What is the military budget, 700 billion? every year? Why don't people bitch about that and get congress to write special unconstitutional laws?

again, it's a tiny fraction of one percent of the total bailout money. Either let them fail, break them up into smaller companies and let the really bad ones die out naturally, or give them the money and stay out of it. Unfortunately that last one is not an option. A lot of this money was contractually obligated! PAY checks. Some of these people might have to significantly change their lifestyle because of this. What if this happened to me? Would I have to move out of my house and into a trailer, or get a rental? You kept my place of business afloat, so sorry if I had money obligations before hand.

I really don't think anyone at this point is arguing anymore that it's awful and shameful, but there is no personal face to the receivers at AIG. It's not for America's voting public, nor Obama, or Gaytner to "punish" AIG and demand this money back because they're running their business as they always have. Either let it fail, or prop them up and see what happens. Obama is just using this a segway to grab more power, to tell us how bad it really is. It's the left hand jerking you off while the right hand picks your pocket. it's just nasty. all of it

Remember... you can't spell Craig without AIG!
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

To Zion goes I... Shan/KenDoRin's Avatar
    Ouch, below the belt .

"Do not let anyone look down upon you because you are young, but be an example for the believers in your speech, your conduct, your love, your faith, your purity." (1 Tim. 4:12)
    XPS M1530|Intel Core Duo T7250 2GHz|3 GB RAM|200 GB SATA 7200 RPM|NVIDIA GeForce 8600M

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123712 ... LastLast