Page 1 of 37 12611 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The Political sR Car Thread

The Political sR Car Thread

Can't discuss this without bringing in politics, and we really can't discuss anything to do with the GM/Chrysler thing without talking about their boss, Obama.

Transportation Department Embraces Bikes, and Business Groups Cry Foul - Green Inc. Blog - NYTimes.com

Yes, what a wonderful FEELING move. It's so... so... GREEN! Too bad it will cause immense economic damage.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar

Re: The Political sR Car Thread

Bike paths are the big thing around here since we are supposedly the most bike-friendly city in the nation (which only means that we care the least that bikes violate every law they are supposed to follow). Waste of money.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

This article contains ideas that represent everything wrong with the government's views on cars and trucks. God forbid you let the market dictate what's sold... and fuck you if you believed the whole "government of the people, for the people, and by the people" crap. Here's what to expect when these mileage standards hit- extra costs built into crap cars like the Focus, the Cobalt, and... well, whatever small car Chrysler's belching out at the moment to subsidize SUVs and pickup trucks. Whether Obama and his ilk believe it or not, there's plenty of large families that need an SUV to haul the whole gang on a trip while pulling a trailer. There's people who need their off-road capability. And plenty more who need their abilities in the snow.

Mr. President, what kind of mileage do those monster Cadillac limos you tool around in get? Is it less than 35.5mpg by chance? Thought so.

You what the first casualty in achieving those numbers? Safety. Don't expect any kind of protection in a big accident, and do expect slow speed fender benders to cost tens of thousands of dollars to fix. Gas mileage is a factor of engines, gearing, and curb weight. Engines are at their efficiency limit. Gearing is already optimized. All that's left is thinning the frame and body to eggshell thickness. Enjoy!

Barack Obama aims to drive gas guzzlers off the road with greener laws - Times Online

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

time to buy some old cars

Blog Entries

I thought the President's limo ran on happiness and smugness

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tarp
    A top Senate Republican on Thursday accused the Obama administration of misleading taxpayers about General Motors' loan repayment, saying the struggling auto giant was only able to repay its bailout money by dipping into a separate pot of bailout money.

Sen. Chuck Grassley's charge was backed up by the inspector general for the bailout
    sigh

Grassley Slams GM, Administration Over Loans Repaid With Bailout Money

Someone please tell me when Honda is going to make a REAL light truck. I would really like to avoid buying anything that was engineered by the Obama regime. I REALLY would rather not fund anything Government Motors related in any way, shape, fashion, or form.
    Last edited by VincentVega; 04-22-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Why do you believe you need a truck?

I don't understand

I know. It's not your fault.

Page 1 of 37 12611 ... LastLast