Page 1 of 115 12611 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: The War Against Terrorism

The War Against Terrorism

We might as well get a dedicated thread about terrorism in America going, again. Islamic attacks at our military bases, attempts to blow up planes, and now the NY city car bomber... the bad guys are ramping up their efforts to kill Americans.

By skill or by luck, we got the dude with the Nissan Pathfinder as he was trying to flee back to the mideast. He'd come from Pakistan and became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2009. About 1 year ago. Once we find out who his friends are, I'd love to see our military pay them all a visit. Oh wait... we can't use aggressive interrogation techniques anymore. We'll just have to ask Faisal Shahzad nicely.

Times Square Bomb: Pakistan Émigré in Connecticut Arrested as Times Square Bomber - ABC News

U.S. citizen from Pakistan arrested in Times Square bomb case
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Re: The War Against Terrorism

it's a shame because eventually one of these attempts is going to be successful. The Christmas plane jackass or this Times Square guy both would have had devastating effects on our emotions as a nation. I'm just not so sure it would have the intended effect the terrorists are looking for. Something of that nature may send us back into ass-kicking mode and have Congress approve the military flattening another Middle-Eastern nation.

Colombia [CO]
    Tao

maybe my imagination sucks, or i'm severely underestimating our enemies...but i cannot envision them topping the act of hijacking planes and flying them INTO buildings, then having said buildings crumble to the ground

i'll tell you what, i give the investigative team in this action all the credit in the world. they picked up a suspect in, what, less than three days after the incident? that's awesome

I don't think they need to top 911. they just need to tap into those emotions again to illicit an response from us. I just think we have learned so much about waging a war over there that this time around we would be much more effective in accomplishing a mission.

The goal of terrorism is to generate fear, and demoralizing a group of people. I would expect them to hit a theme park like Disneyland. The site of hundreds of dead children would be right in line with those goals. And Craig's spot on. That would immediately put aside all political and cultural differences and unite America the same as it did after 9-11.

I just hope it wont take something like that to spur us into action. I hope that we do what we can before something like that takes place.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

The war on terror will never be 'won' when those in charge care only about the politics of blame.

Quote Originally Posted by bloomberg
    "If I had to guess, twenty five cents, this would be exactly that," Bloomberg said. "Homegrown maybe a mentally deranged person or someone with a political agenda that doesn't like the health care bill or something. It could be anything."
    Bloomberg: "No Evidence" Anyone Else Involved - CBS Evening News - CBS News

wow. that's pretty lame.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Well when you stop doing things that are going to scare your enemies (like controversial forms of interrogation), what do they have to be scared of. Wish it wasn't that way, but if they want to keep blowin' out shit up, we need to start scarin the shit out of em again.
    Shotty h4x FTW!!!

:Rig:
    -(Asus P7P55D)-(Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.8ghz)-(4GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1333)-(Saphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5)-(Antec 850w)-

True. They do see us as weak.

Page 1 of 115 12611 ... LastLast