Page 743 of 744 FirstFirst ... 733738742743744 LastLast
Results 7,421 to 7,430 of 7431
Like Tree377Likes

Thread: Ye New Political Thread

Re: Ye New Political Thread

interesting pick - hopefully can get the boat to stop leaking? though... who is supposed to plug the holes?
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42

So, Charlottesville, Virginia saw a confrontation between white supremacists, antifa, the KKK, and BLM. The expected bullshit from both sides occurred, culminating with some inbred retard plowing his car into a crowd of lefties. One person died, many injured. Elsewhere, there were injuries on both sides from beating each other up.

Now, it's a tragedy that someone died, but these are all terrible people. On one side you have the literal racists that the left believe is indicative of everyone who voted Trump and on the other side, the indignant hypocritical snowflakes and violent BLM. I watched the white supremacists swinging signs into people's heads, I saw rocks thrown by the "end violent racism" folks, I saw a BLM dude light an aerosol can and blast it at some KKK retards face.

I declare Charlottesville to be a self-cleaning oven. Gather up everyone like those people...both sides... send them to Charlottesville, wall it off and let them sort it out Escape from New York style. I assure you, the nation would be a better place.

It's disturbing that people are advocating that we destroy not only every Confederate monument, statue and painting, but every reference to anyone who ever owned slaves. Yes, that includes our founding fathers. Do we never speak of those people or events? Should we never mention Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot, or Joseph Stalin? The left idolize President Franklin D. Roosevelt...but, he ordered the internment of over 100,000 Japanese Americans in prison camps during WWII. Should we "erase" him, too? It's a dangerous thing to eradicate history. Without a constant reminder of the good and bad in our past, and placing it in a modern context, it becomes too easy to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

PROTIP: The Nazis, KKK, and other white supremacists at Charlottesville were still douche-drinkers. So were the violent antifas and BLMs.
    OD-BLOODED-1 and BLAZE86 like this.

I'm more and more convinced that media like CNN won't be satisfied unless Trump says he was driving the car. President Trump correctly responded that the hate and violence must end, but it wasn't enough for the media. Today, he specifically calls out the KKK, neo-Nazis, and white supremacists. STILL not enough. Never mind they gave a pass to President Obama for never using the words "radical Islam".

I still believe CNN has the best instant, live news coverage of international events. They're on the scene first and usually the men and women in the field aren't trying to inject their opinion as the event unfolds. But the other 95% of CNN's "news" is 100% anti-Trump opinion pieces. Fox is almost as bad in the opinion area, but worse in live coverage. Their only saving grace is Tucker Carlson. He's entertaining. PMSNBC is the worst out there. Nothing good comes from that network. NewsMax and One America are newer channels that will hopefully grow into true news networks with real journalists.

ISIS destroying monuments in the middle east. Leftists destroying monuments here. hmm
    DennyCrane likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    ISIS destroying monuments in the middle east. Leftists destroying monuments here. hmm
    No comparison. Just like you can't compare the car attack to the Bernie campaign guy who tried to kill all those Republican congressmen at that softball game. Because, reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    It's disturbing that people are advocating that we destroy not only every Confederate monument, statue and painting, but every reference to anyone who ever owned slaves. Yes, that includes our founding fathers. Do we never speak of those people or events? Should we never mention Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot, or Joseph Stalin? The left idolize President Franklin D. Roosevelt...but, he ordered the internment of over 100,000 Japanese Americans in prison camps during WWII. Should we "erase" him, too? It's a dangerous thing to eradicate history. Without a constant reminder of the good and bad in our past, and placing it in a modern context, it becomes too easy to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

PROTIP: The Nazis, KKK, and other white supremacists at Charlottesville were still douche-drinkers. So were the violent antifas and BLMs.
    Hmmm... this sounds familiar-

What about other generations, who won't see these monuments?

XFX 680i LT ~ Core 2 Duo (E6550) ~ eVGA 8600GTS

Quote Originally Posted by BLAZE86 View Post
    What about other generations, who won't see these monuments?
    It's the mindset of "I don't like something, so I don't want YOU to see it." That's what the left wants.