Page 1 of 746 12611 ... LastLast
Like Tree383Likes

Thread: Ye New Political Thread

Ye New Political Thread

Out with Ye Olde, in with Ye New.

And there's this. I guess it's not just being whispered about, anymore.

Will Washington's Failures Lead To Second American Revolution? - IBD - Investors.com
    >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Re: Ye New Political Thread

I was pondering this very notion just the other day.

I believe, with much proof to back up the claim, that history repeats itself. Perhaps not exactly, but it does repeat with eerie tones of past dealings.

That said it is inevitable that we have another revolution. Not a war type revolution this time, more of an inner conflict revolution. One needs only to delve in to the human psyche a small amount to learn that survival leads the way as the number one basic necessity. Threaten that, and humans are capable of great things, or horrible things.

The people in Arizona for example, feel threatened by illegals. They believe that their livelyhoods and safety are in jeopardy. They went to the government for help. The government did what it felt was right. That was not enough. So Arizona feels relatively alone in their struggle. Citizens from other states are beginning to realize that Arizona might be on to something. They too feel threatened. Taxes, my 401k is in the crapper, lost jobs...what is going on here? Why do I pay my taxes? What is the point of having a centralized government to speak for the people, do right by the people and lead the people if they refuse to do that?

If you break everything down to the simplest form it looks like this. If you do not take care of those around you, they will either find someone else that can, or take care of themselves. That goes for governments, states, bosses, friends, family, wives, girlfriends and even pets.

Although there are several historical inaccuracies, watch the movie Gods and Generals. One thing reigns true in that movie that is lost today. Loyalty and pride in your state. Citizens love the union. But they loved their states more. It is making a comeback.

Theres truth to that. But, what if your state is hopeless? I'm more enraptured by the nations founding principles. Id be very happy to move to another state if that state shared my ideals of limited government, strong defense, individual rights, low taxes, etc.

posting in this thread

Blog Entries

It's new and sparkly!
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Theres truth to that. But, what if your state is hopeless? I'm more enraptured by the nations founding principles. Id be very happy to move to another state if that state shared my ideals of limited government, strong defense, individual rights, low taxes, etc.
    Hopeless states have an option as well. It is the states that have no way of self sustaining ability. Landlocked, resource lacking states. Those states will align themselves with the most powerful entity they can. In the end it will be The west vs. the east.

Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana. Those are the states I see grouping together and lighting the flames. California and New York will be in lock-step together... and along with NY will be Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, and possibly Virginia.

lol

Report: BP used excessive dispersants in Gulf oil spill - CNN.com

Obama administration: "Damn! where the oil go?"
    "They used a chemical to get rid of the oil, even after we told them we wanted to keep it around"

An interesting read about the perceived excesses in the dem leadership.

The yacht vs. the pickup truck - The Boston Globe

It's a sign of the times- Americans relate to people who don't come off as elites. This is how Brown won in Massachusetts, and is a big reason why Obama is sliding in the polls so steadily. America's tired of the "let them eat cake" attitude.

Chelsea Clinton is still incredibly ugly. She fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. That is all.

Page 1 of 746 12611 ... LastLast