Page 1 of 67 12611 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Guns and Politics

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

Guns and Politics

A thread to keep the political stuff out of the hobby thread.

Starting off with Gov Cuomo, whose feel-good legislation would've done nothing to stop the kid in Newtown:

The governor proposed legislation to:

* Tighten the assault weapons ban

* Ban all large-capacity gun clips, some that hold 100 rounds
    * Increase penalties for those who illegally buys guns, use guns on school property and who use guns in violence and drug-related gang activity

“This is New York, the progressive capital. You show them how we lead,” Cuomo said.

Re: Guns and Politics

ahh good idea!

and yeah. sorry. all this keeps NOBODY from doing something crazy. "assault weapons" - so... ahh... ban everything that can be used to assault people? no high capacity mags? DANG, i guess those people will stop using highly UNRELIABLE mags. that'll show 'em who's boss when the gun no longer jams. I mean, they'll think otherwise when they need to carry twice as many magazines? that'll stop 'em? and increase penalties for those that illegally buy guns? yeah, that stops nothing since it's enforced after the fact. and what are you going to enforce more than life in jail without parole or the death-penalty? tortured first, then you get buried to your neck in the desert next to a vicious red-ant pile? the other aspect of it (not in mass shootings) and gang activity.... we're already doing that in places like Chicago. We should model them right? as it's working perfectly right?

:P
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

What will never be talked about is why these things are happening. We had plenty of guns as kids, nowhere near the number of laws. Bullying was worse when we were kids, no one gave a shit, you dealt with it.

Why are there more shootings by teens now?

Because parenting was better. Because we got our asses whipped by the age of 9 and we knew right and wrong. Because we weren't coddled.
    FuzzyLogik likes this.

I assure you, they're going to go after shotguns after the California school shooting today.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    I assure you, they're going to go after shotguns after the California school shooting today.
    That's not saying much... We have to fight dozens and dozens of Anti-2A bills every year. We've gotten good at fighting, we've got deep pockets, good lawyers, and a lot of people in our pockets who like to appear to be for more gun control. Sure, it will probably double the number of bills we have to deal with... Put even more strain on our ability to fight... Nothing new here though.
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

I'm standing by my prediction that they won't outlaw guns (though they will outlaw most of them), but they'll limit you to one rifle/shotgun and one handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Teck View Post
    That's not saying much... We have to fight dozens and dozens of Anti-2A bills every year. We've gotten good at fighting, we've got deep pockets, good lawyers, and a lot of people in our pockets who like to appear to be for more gun control. Sure, it will probably double the number of bills we have to deal with... Put even more strain on our ability to fight... Nothing new here though.
    I'm talking about what Washington's going to do.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShark View Post
    I'm standing by my prediction that they won't outlaw guns (though they will outlaw most of them), but they'll limit you to one rifle/shotgun and one handgun.
    I hope not... I need certain handguns for certain stuff... I need a certain 12ga for a certain task, and another for other tasks...

Then I need a 30-06 for certain kinds of hunting, and i need a 300Wby Mag for others, and I need a .270 for certain kinds, and i need a .308 for target practice...

Then all of my AR-15's are setup for specific tasks/uses..

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    I'm talking about what Washington's going to do.
    Meh

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

Blog Entries

Gun buyback program collects 600 weapons in first hour - latimes.com
    An anti-tank rocket launcher was also turned in.
    lol, people are stupid. I wonder how much they gave the guy that turned in an inert AT4... Freakin idiots...
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

Blog Entries

The Volokh Conspiracy » Up to $50/Year Fee (+ Up to 30-Day Waiting Period) for Buying Ammunition or Going Target-Shooting?

I've been ignoring this idea from Kevin De Leon lately because i didnt think anyone would support this idea... Sadly, it seems to have gotten traction.

Then there's Nancy Skinner trying to push her deal which would establish an ammo registry, ban all magazines that have been perminately blocked to 10 rounds but that appear to hold 30, and a whole slew of other things... Sadly, we've already gotten most of this stuff overturned in court the last 2 years... We'll have to do it again.

The magazine part has me concerned though... There's been a shortage of 10rd mags for several years... So we started taking 30rnd magazines and permanently modifying them to hold 10rnds. With even 10rd mags being in even SHORTER supply this would be bag. Hell, as it is... I know gun dealers who aren't able to include a magazine with the purchase of a firearm... It's kinda silly.

Anyway, we'll be in court again by the end of the year over this shit im sure.

Page 1 of 67 12611 ... LastLast